Is it old age? OR is it the television??

DDD

I understand that soon people with "rabbit ears" will be unable to view TV unless they get a converter box available through the government. I also know that the President-elect has suggested a delay as so many people have not gotten the free boxes that are available.

What I do NOT understand is why my Orlando station #9 can no longer be found...........unless you go to #209. I have run accross other channels that are no longer available with the low numbers but can be found if you can ascertain that they are now three digit numbers starting with a 2,3 or 4!!!!!!! WTH! The movement of channels is not set. The movement of channel numbers is fluid.

Is this old age on my part OR (I hope ;)) something that is irritating to most television viewers?? I do NOT want to seek our ABC or NBC or CBS by viewing 500 different channel offerings on screen or in the TV guide.

What AM I missing in this technological advancement stage??? :mad: DDD

Fran

Former desparate mom
Maybe it's the HD channels?
Thank goodness for channel listings or I wouldn't be able find anything.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
It is definitely the TV. The weather channel, which is H's favorite channel all winter, has moved at least 4 times in the past 2 years. It is maddening.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Don't feel bad. I haven't been able to find anything on tv in years. One of the reasons I just more or less gave up watching. Even if I happen to find a show I like (rare) I can never figure out what station and or time or day it was one when I want to watch it again. Drives me insane.

And the really awful part........We've got about 100 or more channels.....and usually there still isn't a darn thing on worth watching. ugh!!!

Only plus to this is we have satellite. Which means we're good to go.

Mayapple5

We have lived here for 10 years and haven't had any TV until my son gave us a set of rabbit ears. Now we have three channels we can see clearly. and only the PBS one has anything worth watching. We have to BLEEP most commercials for shows like HOUSEWIVES 100th Episode out. difficult child keeps wanting to undress now in the living room. We'll stick with her videos. Thank you very much son but you can have your rabbit ears back (after the Inaugeral ceremony tomorrow-and I'm only watching it because it's an historical event, not because of who it is!)

DDD

We have always had cable since we moved here in '79. There have been some expansions and show reductions over the years BUT the weather channel has always been 33, the major networks have always been 13 or below. With the digital expansion box we now have around 500 channels that show up BUT :mad: most of them are limited access. What's causing all the irritation is that the network station numbers are being changed so we don't even know where Discovery has gone. We have two televisions that are on cable but without the digital expansion box. Can you believe this??? On those tv's the Jeopardy channel is no longer available because with-o the digital box, the numbers stop at 64!!
:whiteflag: I'm about ready to deep six television watching time. I don't want to end up irritated before I go the bed for the night. DDD

DammitJanet

Oh ddd...that would really chap my hide! I have Dish and so far they havent messed with my channel locations yet. My 13 is still 13!

TerryJ2

We've got the converter and rabbit ears. No cable.
Some channels are fuzzy and some clear.
My fave, The Big Bang Theory, is always fuzzy. :(
But I don't watch that much TV to care.
Yeah, it's old age, heh heh. It's called change. :)

KTMom91

You must be using the same cable company my mom does. You're saying exactly the same things. Starts with a C?

We got Dish about a year ago. The hardest part for me was getting used to the East Coast times for things, and now I find I really like being able to see some shows early. Saves me taping stuff all the time.