Is Lady Ga Ga

M

ML

Manster, a tween HATES her with a passion. Don't have a clue why. Now I Carly or Hanna Montana, that's another story.

klmno

Well I bought a cheap poster to put in difficult child's bedroom to cover his worst damage to a wall. His theme in his bedroom is ocean stuff and it's of Lady Ga Ga come out of the water with a body suit on- so it looks a tiny bit erotic but she isn't in a bikini or too suggestive in it. I thought it was age appropriate but didn't know if he'd be embaressed on not. He has several posters in there already (for the same reason) and now that he's a little older, I thought he'd appreciate one of a female but I wasn't ready for a half naked, seductive 20+ yo on his wall. LOL!
But- if most teens hate her, difficult child would hate this poster no matter what she looked like.

Last edited:

klmno

Thanks, TM! She has a mask on and her hair pulled back and a full body suit on so it isn't like the sports illustrated swimsuit issue- but shoot- I thought I was widening the boundaries by allowing a poster of a woman looking the least bit erotic in difficult child's bedrooom. LOL! I think I'll just mention her at the next visitation and see how difficult child reacts.

Abbey

Spork Queen
She's HUUUUUGE right now. Part of it is the mystery of her sexuality, part because of her rags to riches story (very interesting I might add}, part because she is talented, and part because she is adorable.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
... and part is because of her overt sexually suggestive lyrics, music videos, and her overall outrageousness that is influenced by the likes of Madonna, Grace Jones, possibly Cher, and I'm sure a few others out there.

klmno

Oh....

You ladies see how much I'm keeping up with today's trends?? I listen to the oldies station on the radio and wouldn't know this woman's music if I heard it. But thanks for the warning- I take it I shouldn't get a CD of her for difficult child.

svengandhi

My boys are not into her. One of difficult child's friends posted on Facebook that he could not believe that she is a Julliard trained musician because his own mother is one as well! and his mother would NEVER disrespect her Julliard heritage that way!

klmno

Well this poster will be returned- I asked difficult child if he had heard of her- he said yes and she's crazy. I asked if he liked her and he said she sings crazy music but a little of it was ok. I asked what he thought about her looks and he said she looked crazy. LOL! It's a good thing I asked before opening the wrapper! I think I'll skip a poster of a female and see if I can find yet another one that is age appropriate and that he might like. I wouldn't worry about it except this is more than a hole in the wall- it has ink or something running down it and he wrote on it with a sharpie- something about cutting himself- and I find it disturbing and don't want him coming home to see that in his bedroom, especially his first day/night back.

klmno

That's a good idea- I don't know where to look for more posters though. We've always gotten them from walmart because of low prices and I hate the mall- it just takes up too much time to shop there. He alreadys has one poster of a car but I'll see if walmart has any others. He has four others in his bedroom and one in the game room- all to cover holes before a visit on short notice from his GAL a couple of years ago. If worst comes to worst, I'll move the one from the game room and let him find another to replace that one. It is the one of the car- a red camaro. I checked at target but they only had about three and were more for a girl. He used to have one of puppies but I think he's too old for that now- he would like it but would probably be embaressed to bring other teen boys in his room with that on the wall. He said he liked Beyonce and some other female singer but that they were "old". (I think he thought I was going to buy him a CD.)

DammitJanet

Get a NASCAR poster. They sell them at Walmart.

Or does he like football? or baseball or basketball? Get him a poster of his favorite team.

klmno

I didn't see any NASCAR at this walmart- maybe I'll go to "the other" walmart this next weekend- will they take back a poster bought at a different one if I'm just exchanging and not wanting cash back? They might have a different selection. He's not into sports really, although he didn't mind watching the games (football) with the guys in Department of Juvenile Justice. I swear, I still worry about him wanting to go back just for the comraderie that will be hard for him to get much of for a while, back in the real world. But I digress.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
How about a quart of paint to cover up the marks, and then you can take him shopping at your convenience to pick out something HE likes and that YOU approve of?

klmno

Well, there is a huge hole in that general area, too, and I don't have time to repair it and paint it before he is released. Plus, there are so many areas of damage in this house, he's going to have to help me when I can afford it. I figured we might as well work on them as one big project and right now I need to spend the time working and cleaning thoroughly- then right before he gets out, I'll be baking his b-day cake and wrapping a few things. I'm just slammed- plus I'm trying to market and get more work. It set me back spending so much time with the mortgage company, attny's, etc, trying to see if I could stay in the house or if I needed to be packing. So, here I am working all night. LOL!

BusynMember

I don't know about boys, but my daughter thinks she is cool and talented. However, she also told me some wild story about how she is transgender and had a sex change operation (she is only 13 and I didn't know she was that literate about this stuff...hehe). But, as she is being raised to be tolerant, she doesn't care...she just likes her music.

When my oldest daughter was fifteen, she had a big crush on Ememen (probably spelled wrong). That bothered me more because I know he beat his wife and writes some "iffy" songs, but I didn't want to make a big issue out of it, figuring it would just give us one more issue for her to rebel over. She did have a poster in her room. By the next year, it had been taken down and she was onto somebody else. Phew!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I have heard a grand total of one song by Lady GaGa. OK here is my take. Her music's awful. If she is in fact professionally trained... She wasn't paying attention. I like the outrageousness - she's not afraid to be shocking. Reminds me a bit of Madonna in the 80s...

DammitJanet

With where you are at, get a huge Washington Redskins poster. That would be my take if you arent going for a band. If you are going for a band, go for Linkin Park, Nickleback or something like that and give him a CD to go along with it. Or maybe Daughtry.

Those are all bands that Jamie loves. Nothing bad.