Is my formerly easy child dog going for difficult child doggyness?

SuZir

I had a hard, much appreciated laugh in expense of my other doggie this morning. The dog is of northern breed and seriously loves winter and snow. You can see him perk up at fall, when days start to get colder and he always goes crazy over first snow. And savours feverishly last snow patches at spring.

We had our first snow last week and it stayed unusually long, a week. But last night we got warmer weather and rain and snow was gone this morning. The dog was enthusiastically getting ready for morning run with me, but when I opened the door and he saw everything had gone black again, he stopped dead in his tracks and went to total kicking screaming tantrum, in doggish of course. I can just imagine how he screamed to me how someone had stolen his winter and how I should get it back right away.

When i forced him out, he quickly did his business but was really dragging his legs to get any further. I wasn't in the mood to drag him along, so I just let him back in and went running with my other, more even tempered dog. When i came back, i found my dramaqueen dog in the bed with husband, still sulking. He wouldn't even look at me and very reluctantly came to eat his morning meal.

It seems that it is always mommy's fault also with gfgish canines, not only with human puppies... :bigsmile:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LOL

Too cute!

Maggie was thrilled with the snow..........once she got used to it. And a bit disappointed when it melted. But today she enjoyed a good long romp (as fast as she could the whole time) run in the yard. :)

InsaneCdn

Mine will go out and enjoy themselves, snow or no snow... but it is much harder to get them to come IN when there is snow! (the dogs, of course... not the kids!)

SuZir

This morning the dog was ready for a run - and thought he got better of me by finding a real mud ditch to roll over. But natural consequences stroke back, when home, off to shower he went. Hah! So he is still sulking and it is still all my fault. :rofl:

Last edited:

buddy

Oh funny! Our little one used to love snow but now literally freezes in his tracks. JJ hasn't seen snow yet (probably did as a baby for a short time but not with us). He goes nuts when it's windy. His tail is long and curls up high, his head sniffs the air then he runs and kills as many leaves that blow around as he can. It's so much fun watching their quirks.