Is there something in the air?

H

HaoZi

Besides people acting like (_._) all week and even more so today, as I'm in line getting groceries (and apparently breaking the self-check machine, something going on with registers today, too, and it's not just me), I have a call. Kiddo had a major meltdown at the end of the day, and it's likely going to cost me for the damages she did at school.

Just frikkkkkkin' great. Only way to pay it (if they can't repair it) will be after tax time with the money I planned to use for her birthday trip. Heaven save us all if I get ordered to pay even part of the money to send her to her father for visitation and she figures out that's the only place the money can come from. She'll be wrecking cars to get out of going if the though occurs to her.

TerryJ2

Oh no! I am so sorry.
Yes, there IS something in the air. I was considering whether to post something on WC about an experience I had last night ... with-a vendor's wife. Weird.
I hope the damages aren't that bad. Fingers crossed.

buddy

OH ****.... welcome to the party. So, its the air???

Does she have a bip? before you pay for anything...make sure they followed it point by point. IF they escalated her in any way.............................

Steely

That totally sucks...OMG. I remember those days with Matt - and I remember the air in my house being bitter with resentment. Erggg.

A full moon is tomorrow. Plus it is the holidays. Double whammy for difficult children in my opinion. So sorry.

H

HaoZi

On the good side I think the medication for me is working. I'm not quite as angry or panicked as I should be, and I'm not staying angry as long.

Yes. she has an IEP and behavior plan, she was on her way to the ED room when she tore down the bulletin board.

Have I mentioned she's also sick, barely ate lunch, and has been running at both ends since we got home? Chicken/egg, tantrums = stomachaches for her, and if she was already coming down with something beyond this cold it just makes everything worse. Considering I still have to wipe her (something I haven't even mentioned to her therapist), let me tell you how much fun my evening has been. Got her drinking some Gatorade now, we'll see if that stays down. Wait... we'll see if it stays down this time, rather.

buddy

OH I get that story.... there is usually a good underlying thing...

One year a teacher (mainstream) said, well, there is always something....

I wanted to smack him... Like we are looking for excuses??? It is just an explanation. And it IS exhausting to keep on top of it and it is not to excuse anything, it is to prevent and avoid issues as much as possible in future. DUH

Steely

Tonight is the last Lunar Eclipse until Spring of 2014............yes - that explains "the air". Ask any cop, or retail manager :)

DDD

Personally I think the holiday season impacts everyone....most in a negative way! Sigh. DDD

H

HaoZi

It does.
Kiddo is feeling a little better today. Still on the toilet too often but not as often, and she hasn't thrown up. She's even kind of giggly, which is good considering she's grounded from all her electronics right now, so she's been watching educational stuff on the Roku with me (she choose the Chow Network, interesting choice for her) and some Saturday morning Jack Hanna shows on TV. Now she's drawing in my room while I try to clean and wrap some of her presents.

Steely

I used to ground Matt that way too. Interesting. He had no electronics but he could watch educational shows - and he always chose Nat Geo or Animal Planet, or the History Channel or something like that. (I love Jack Hanna.) Or he could play math or spelling games on the computer. I always felt that type of grounding was something The Explosive Child would recommend - because if you leave them without anything - you will pay more than the kid.