Is this a good sign?? I dont want to get ahead of myself.

buddy

I wrote a note to the sp ed coordinator to ask if we would be keeping the IEP meeting (made a LONG time ago) to do the annual IEP re-write since so much has happened since we set that up. (it was scheduled for next week, Wed). We can't write the full plan until we switch placement (obviously his needs and goals will be the same but we can add things in one district that we can't add in the other because they have the options! NOT supposed to be that way but it does pan out that way).

Tell me if you think this sounds hopeful. I think they would be cautioning me big time if they thought this would not go through. Our district has had other kids placed there BEFORE they had their own SUN program and as I said they have never voluntarily offered placement as they have with Q since it is so expensive. Here is hoping. The kid who is older who was placed many years ago is not there now because he is in the hospital. They dont know if he would even go back. May stay in residential for a long time so that does give us a little hope he could be a swap for that kid.

Hi Denise,

District (current) will be sending a referral to ### for Quinton. ### will review and then let us know their decision regarding Q acceptance. The referral to ### will be sent next week. Upon acceptance, ### will probably have an IEP meeting and (principal for the school where the SUN2 program) would represent our district at the ### IEP meetings.

Q’s annual IEP is due on April 7, 2012 and ### will probably hold an IEP meeting.

District (current) will be writing the Prior Written Notice to indicate the district (current) placement for Q is changing from homebound instruction to placement at ###. This information will be sent to you next week.

Spring break at ### is the same week as ours – March 26-30.

InsaneCdn

Buddy...
I'd say it's practically a done deal.
We don't count our chickens before they hatch, of course, but...
With the legal staff and everybody else screening everything that gets said, due to the situation... I'd be extremely surprised if this isn't an "authorized" admittance of the plan.

And it looks like the timing is the way you would want it, too.

AND... nobody from the current school in on the next IEP!?

Oh, Buddy. I'm almost in as much suspense as you are over this.

buddy

Thanks, I got a little excited. I hope I dont end up regretting that but it seems pretty good.....????

T

TeDo

I agree. It sounds VERY hopeful if not done!!! Pretzeling tighter, rattling faster, and praying more that it goes through. *teeth gritted in anticipation*

InsaneCdn

Buddy... as far as costs go? you've got them so far over a barrel, that the cost of doing this is going to be way less than the cost of NOT doing it. By offering this, and by moving quickly to do so, they can now prove they are being "reasonable", which reduces the chances of a majorly expensive lawsuit going through. For them... its about minimizing costs and damages to themselves... but the only way they can do that is to offer an option that is definitely "acceptable" and "appropriate".

Malika

It's okay. I checked up with the planetary alignment in the sky last night and saw that it is indeed Break for Buddy time :)

T

TeDo

Darn Insane where's that <Like> button?? You are absolutely, positively right. They're willing to spend this kind of money so they won't have to pay 10x more. Abuse of a disabled child....there have been multi-million dollar settlements for such things before. THAT'S what they're afraid of and rightfully so!!

whatamess

Oh, that looks like a done deal for the most part, if there was hesitancy they would not have written out all the next steps they would have simply said they were waiting for an accpetance or denial from the new school. :)