Is this considered harboring a fugitive?

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I called difficult child all morning to make sure she made her dentist appointment - yell at me another time just for that, please. Ugh.

Finally, difficult child called me 20 minutes beforehand (12:10) and tells me she's overslept and is getting dressed to go. We hang up and I'm thinking she's rushing to the dentist. It's all good.

She called me at 1:15 and I'm about to ask how her dentist appointment went (they were bonding a tooth) and she cuts in the she will explain when she gets to my office.

Long story short: she cancelled her dental appointment so she could go and pick up boyfriend because his sister's boyfriend called the cops on him because he threatened to kill him. So, difficult child's boyfriend called difficult child to go pick him up so he could leave before the cops showed up at his house. And she did. I told her not to come to my office as I didn't want to be a part of it and if she had one ounce of brain matter in her tiny little pea-sized head she shouldn't want to have anything to do with either. So, I filled her prescription for the chest infection she has and I don't know where she spent the day but apparently, boyfriend is on the run. Right this minute she is driving him to meet his sister at an undisclosed loation to get some clothes, etc., and he needs to find a place to stay. difficult child better not even THINK of asking if he can stay with us because the answer is NO.

So, my question is: Can difficult child be charged with anything at this point? The boyfriend hasn't been officially charged with anything, however, the police are looking for him to question (at least that's the story I got from difficult child).

Thanks.

witzend

I would think it would depend upon how it plays out. While the sister's boyfriend may have called the police, that doesn't mean that there is a warrant out for his arrest. The warrant is only issued after an investigation is carried out and they are certain that a crime has been committed. They may want to talk to him. They may have decided that it's not worth their time. It's hard to know without knowing the details.

With that in mind, as things stand, she probably is ok. But, should the police come knocking at her door, she'd do best to answer any questions that they have honestly. If she knows where he is, she needs to be prepared to tell them. If she lies, she's going to get into trouble. But, without accurate knowledge that they have an arrest warrant for him, she's not breaking any laws. It's knowledge and intent that gets her into trouble.

Of course, it goes without saying that what she is intending to do is dumb and dangerous. I doubt it's illegal - yet.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
yell at me another time just for that, please.

Will do! :rofl:

Of course I was going to start off, "Well that'll teach you for calling her to remind her..."

lol

As for the other...heck, I'm not an attorney- I don't know if it's illegal or not but it sure is stupid for her to involve herself in this mess. But you already know that.

I'm sorry, Jo.

Suz

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Thank you for your leniency, Suz! Haha~

The newer story is that difficult child's boyfriend did not threaten to kill the sister's boyfriend. boyfriend and his sister were having an argument and because the sister's boyfriend is a jerk, he called the police. The police showed up and were going to charge the sister and difficult child's boyfriend with Breach of peace, but difficult child's boyfriend saw the cops at his house so he walked over (he literally works across the street from their home) and talked with the cops and pursuaded them to NOT charge difficult child's boyfriend with anything under the condition that he leave for a couple of days to cool down. So, difficult child's boyfriend is not in trouble with the police, per se, but for some reason difficult child is drawn to this drama like a bee to honey and it makes me ill.

I gave difficult child the money ($10) for her script and told her that she should know better than to get involved in other people's business. Her boyfriend was standing right there, and I made eye contact with him and he nodded his head yes, as if he understands. I suppose it could have been a tic, I don't know. He then offered to take my extremely sick daughter for a cup of soup and stupidhead that she is said, "No I don't want you to spend your money". Uh, hello? Let the kid spend $3 for a bowl of freakin soup, will ya?

They left and I felt my blood pressure go down. I then went had my nails done in peace and quiet (because I do not speak Korean). It was very nice.

They are out and about somewhere. H called difficult child's cell and told her she should be home where it's nice and warm and safe and take care of her chest infection. She said, "I know" and hung up.

So, I found out today that a kid my daughters grew up with killed himself & my difficult child is still being an idiot. It hasn't been a very nice day so I am having a glass of wine. Is that bad??

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
He then offered to take my extremely sick daughter for a cup of soup and stupidhead that she is said, "No I don't want you to spend your money". Uh, hello? Let the kid spend $3 for a bowl of freakin soup, will ya?

Ya know, what is it with girls these days? Nichole does this, too. And it drives me insane.

So I'm guessing it's all worked out now?

Is this going to be the last time you call and remind her of an appointment?? :wink:

Hugs

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
So Jo, now that the other is resolved, does that mean we can razz you about calling her about the dentist appointment? :wink:

Suz :smile:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
You know it's like this horrible thing. She needs the work done on her stupid tooth, using my health/dental benefits, I have my own dental appointment tomorrow and I just wanted her to go. I KNOW I shouldn't have reminded her. I KNOW she's supposed to know and do these things for herself.

I will not remind her.
I will not remind her.
I will not remind her...................

I will TRY not to remind her.
I will TRY not to remind her.
I will TRY not to remind her..............

Hey, at least when she was feeding me her line of BS, I was able to stay calm and not give into my 'need' to lecture her about her health. I let H do that. :smirk:

Star*

call 911........call 911
I KNOW why she didn't want boyfriend to buy her soup -

Because she hasn't had her tooth fixed and it's sensitive to hot meals.

And the part where you said he could have had a tic - I would bet he has fleas too.

The fact that she's a drama junkie - Nothing you can do but detach and honestly - the next time she starts to tell you that brothers, cousin's, sisters, aunt's, neice's, cousin twice removeds, neighbors dogs, trainer's wife's, brother who knows the man at the corner store selling soup, for his ill wifes, brother's boyfriend's, Mothers, illegitimate baby Daddy's brother whois on the run from the police's department of criminal affairs manager's secretaries, sisters, baby's daddy's Mother who was in a car wreck without a license and has no money so everyone is pitching in to get her boyfriend a new pair of Girbaud jeans for court -

HANG THE FREAK UP -

I will stop doing for her

And as far as your nails?

Say this : Otto Shim E Kah - It's Goodmorning how are you in Korean. That should suffice with a small head bow.

Hugs
Starbie the CD board barbies, sisters, cousins, uncles, daddies, babys mother's sisters boyfriends (are you still reading drama?) KNOCK IT OFF.
A glass of wine? Wholey moley I would have dunked my head in the barrel or laid up under the spout with my mouth open after a day like this -

Star - largely anti-drama. :please:

They left and I felt my blood pressure go down. I then went had my nails done in peace and quiet (because I do not speak Korean). It was very nice.

That is a perfect response.

Perfect!

:bravo:

I think I am going to start responding to things in just that same way.

(I love the part about peace and quiet because you don't speak Korean!)

:rofl:

Star?

Very impressive.

You speak Portugese as well, don't you?

I have trouble with English, some days!

Barbara

witzend

Her boyfriend was standing right there, and I made eye contact with him and he nodded his head yes, as if he understands. I suppose it could have been a tic, I don't know. He then offered to take my extremely sick daughter for a cup of soup

Sounds more like *EHS to me.

*= Eddie Haskel Syndrome.

"Your fingernails look lovely, Mrs. JoG!"

:bigsmile: