Is this my difficult child?

Wiped Out

Staff member
Just last week he was driving us crazy and so far we have been back to school two days and I've received the following two emails. The first one is from his alternative school in the afternoon.

Team,

I wanted to share the good news with everyone. difficult child had a wonderful day today and made it to Manager. Manager is the highest level and until today he had yet to achieve it. If he can maintain the level for 5 days, he will receive some additional privileges. Everyone should be proud.

Thanks

This second one is from his Special Education teacher at his morning school:

difficult child has had 2 great days at (morning school)!! He has been compliant, polite, and his sense of humor has returned :) He also has been more patient and aware of his surroundings/interactions with peers. He made it through almost two full periods of science! He still remembered and needed the cookie bribe to stay-but he did do work the whole time.

p.s. difficult child also shared that he is reading some book with Dad. He was very enthusiastic about it and was able to summarize a lot of the main parts.

After how he was last week this is especially surprising to husband and me. He still had a rough night last night but that was more due to easy child/difficult child and he was his usual cranky, rude self this morning on the way to school. However, tonight he was actually pleasant at points. He watched me on the Wii Fit Plus and tried to do some of the stuff while I was doing it and then did it on his own for 30 minutes! He really needs the exercise due to his blood sugar and cholesterol levels along with his weight.

Of course, right now he is being a pita getting ready for bed but it's all about the baby steps right now. Keep your finger crossed these improvements continue!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Gotta love the good times. The signs of what life could be like can make you very hopeful. Sharing those positive times recharges your batteries.
Congrats and Way To Go difficult child.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks everyone!! Had another good moment tonight. He was really mad at me because I told his therapist no Oreo Cakesters (sp?) for rewards. We are really watching his sugar levels right now. When he found out I said no he was really angry and told me he was angry and not to talk to him. That's it!!!!! No tantrum, no physical stuff, no screaming! Later I asked him something and he again reminded me he was mad and not to talk to him. I asked how long he planned on being mad for and he said one night. When I acted happy because I was tired and wouldn't have to play games or tuck him in he said he would be mad for 20 days. Of course, when we got home he wanted me to tuck him in-lol! Still no big fuss when he is mad-totally un-difficult child like!