Is this really news worthy?

DammitJanet

That does seem to be a bit of a fluff story. I think we have more important things to cover. I guess the parents can put it in his baby book as the first time (maybe?) that he got in the newspaper...lol.

tiredmommy

Being devil's advocate here.... if we expect the news to report and alert us when teachers/administrators step out of bounds with students shouldn't it be reasonable to expect that it would be reported when a student's actions harm a teacher? The student's name wasn't released so his identity is protected and (a big plus to me) is that the student was taken to the hospital for a psychiatric evaluation rather than the incident being treated as a behavior issue only.

witzend

I don't actually consider anythng that is covered by Fox "News" to be "news" in the generally accepted use of the word. Propaganda is the better descriptor of what they report.

KTMom91

I'd like to know how old the child is. And what led up to the incident. If we're talking kindergarten/first grade, it's more realistic (and less newsworthy) than if he/she is in fifth/sixth grade.

From the information printed, it's a big so what.