Isn't that first .....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
cup of HMJ, aka coffee, in the morning the best you tasted. Every morning I smile as I take the first sip out of the freshly brewed pot.

It's only in the morning - have you noticed that?

What's your favorite first? Opening a new jar of peanut butter?

mstang67chic

Going Green
I don't like the taste of coffee but the smell is heavenly! LOL

For me, there's nothing like that first sip of an ice cold Pepsi. Tightens your throat up and makes your eyes water!

A new jar of peanut butter, the first scoop out of an ice cream carton and because I'm weird, a new tub of margarine because I like being the one to use the little whorl thing in the middle. LOL

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Definitely the first cup of coffee in the morning. I do smile a little bit each morning. And my H is the one who makes the coffee every day and it's perfect. I also love being the first one to open the half and half, what a surprise. Lol. Others include using a new razor...eating a fresh piece of sliced cheese or cold cut...new fluffy towels fresh from the dryer...new undies...hee hee.

Lothlorien

Love my first cup in the morning! There is nothing like a quiet morning when the kids are asleep (which is rare) and curling up on the couch to watch the news with a fresh hot cup of coffee.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
(Inhales through nose deeply...) Oh, how I adooooore the smell of coffee in the morning!!! It is my manna, my elixir of life! :D Just finished my uber-cup o' Joe, and by golly, I think I'll have another! :coffee:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
(Inhales through nose deeply...) Oh, how I adooooore the smell of coffee in the morning!!! It is my manna, my elixir of life! :D Just finished my uber-cup o' Joe, and by golly, I think I'll have another! :coffee:

Hahaha - this made me laugh so hard! I frequently say out loud, "Ahhhh, oh great elixer of the Earth - thank you" after my first sip. I am so addicted to the stuff, but thankfully, only in the mornings.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I rarely get it - but I'll list it anyway just in case I do.

The first shower or bath after YOU clean the bathroom. OMG there is nothing like the first bath after the "maid" has come.

My other favorite first used to be - when Dude was a tiny baby, and I'd give him a bath in Johnson & Johnson's baby bath. That first sniff of his hair.

The first sleep after freshly washed and pressed sheets

The first smell of fire in the wood stove that signifies cooler weather is in SC.

The first scent of snow. (haven't had that one yet in 2 years)

The first scent after a Spring rain

The first inhale of a puppy's breath when it yawns

Food wise? I'm with Step - The first bite of an apple you picked.

OHhhhh one more ---(blush) that cologne DF wears once in a blue moon that makes me want to bite him.

Mom2oddson

Got an automatic coffee pot that grinds the beans fresh...so the smell of fresh coffee as I walk out of the bedroom first thing in the morning.

The exuberant greeting from my dogs when I first get home from work.

The first look from husband when "Lady" by Styx comes on the radio. He used to sing it to me when we were dating.

DammitJanet

I dont drink coffee but the smell is wonderful.

My absolutely favorite thing. The moment Keyana walks in the door...or sees me...and her eyes light up. I treasure it because who knows how long that is going to continue...lol. Kids grow up.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
OHhhhh one more ---(blush) that cologne DF wears once in a blue moon that makes me want to bite him.

Hmmm... maybe he should think about wearing that more often so you opt for THAT response to his ranting instead of kicking his behind... I'm just sayin'...

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Coffee! husband and my purchase beans from a little roaster out of Bisbee that takes you order that day, roasts your beans in a small batch puts your name on the bag and express ships your beans still warm next day! Free shipping and cost the less than Starbucks... and they are organic and freetrade!
I grind a pot the next morning and truly think of nothing but my first cup for a few moments.

Oh the fresh sheets!!! Love it.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I still remember how much I loved that first inhale of a cigarette every morning......before it made me cough a lung up.

Suz

DammitJanet

Suz....I still adore it. I tried just this week to quit and failed miserably. Head down in shame. Im am hopelessly addicted.

I just realized looking in your sig. Rob graduated HS the same day Jamie graduated Boot camp and three years to the day before Keyana was born!

mstang67chic

Going Green
The first night sleeping on sheets hung on the line on a sunny, breezy day. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

That first warm day of spring that you can throw open the windows and get fresh air after having the house shut up all winter.

Undies still warm from the dryer.

The smell of a freshly mowed lawn.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Janet, I smoked for 38 years. I can't even remember how many stop smoking programs/attempts I flunked before I finally quit so I understand how difficult it is. As much as I miss it, I don't dare have one cig or I'd be right back and I don't want to have to quit again.

You'll quit when you are truly ready to quit.

Pretty cool about our June 6 coincidences!

Suz

Wiped Out

Staff member
I do love the smell of coffee even though I don't drink it. I love the first bite of a tomato I grew in my garden. Love the smell of grass after a fresh mow too:)