Isn't this just the stupidest thing?

flutterby

Fly away!
I was calling around for assistance with my gas bill. As most of you know, I have been unable to work for 3 years and am waiting on my disability application.

Anyway, most everyone is out of funding, which I expected. They told me to call this one place that has funding. I did and they took my information and then told me that the program they have only allows them to help people whose income exceeds their living expenses.

*blink*

Generally speaking, if your income exceeds your living expenses, shouldn't you be able to pay your bills?

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Heather, can you PM me this place? They could help me! My income supposedly exceeds my living expenses - according to the state anyway.

I think someone is not paying attention!

KTMom91

Oh, yeah...when I got laid off years ago, I wasn't eligible for help because my Geo Metro, that I had purchased used, was worth more than $1,500, but if I would refinance it, I would be eligible. Ummm...I'm unemployed...why do I want another bill I have to pay?

DammitJanet

They have some strange and stupid rules. I tried to get help to pay my power bill once and they told me my car insurance was too high and they wouldnt help me until I found a way to lower it!

Ummmm. I am required to have car insurance and I cant dictate the rates. How can I lower my car insurance? Duh!

flutterby

Fly away!
Sharon, I would only use organizations I have contributed to in the past. I borrowed the money from my mom, so it's paid.