It’s been a while, wanted to say hi!

lovemyson1

Hello good people! I just wanted to check in with you all. It’s been along time since I’ve been on the site. I guess I should come on more often and see if I can help anyone with my story. My son is doing wonderful! He is now training to be a Sniper in the United States Marines! He came for Christmas & New Years & we had a wonderful family time together. He is very motivated and happy and balanced now. It’s a true miracle and I thank God every day for saving him from his addiction!

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
So glad to hear that your son is doing so well!!

We need more silver linings on this forum.

Enmeshedmom

Wow! Reading this just gave me so much hope. It’s hard for me to remember that everyone that gets on this crazy roller coaster with drugs doesn’t crash and burn at the end, that some do decide to change and get better with help. Thank you for sharing this. It is really important to get these stories out, giving people hope goes a long way. And I imagine it feels pretty good to get to say something positive after all the time we spend talking about all the awful things that have happened.

Enmeshedmom

Wouldn’t it be nice to have a forum dedicated to success stories? There are more than we hear probably because once families make it to the other side they may feel like they don’t belong here anymore. Maybe it might feel to them like they are bragging and someone in the thick of it might not want to hear about it. I love to read the positive outcomes and feel like celebrating myself even when it is someone I have never met. Just a thought

lovemyson1

Wouldn’t it be nice to have a forum dedicated to success stories? There are more than we hear probably because once families make it to the other side they may feel like they don’t belong here anymore. Maybe it might feel to them like they are bragging and someone in the thick of it might not want to hear about it. I love to read the positive outcomes and feel like celebrating myself even when it is someone I have never met. Just a thought
That’s so kind of you to say! I don’t ever want to appear boastful in a forum filled with so much pain. I will never forget the first time I came across this site with my eyes so filled with tears I could hardly read and yet I couldn’t read fast enough! The wonderful people here helped me so much, I was an enabler & learned to be strong and bc of this strength & God’s grace I was able to let my son face his consequences & want to change his life. I would be happy to share my experience to help others any time. It’s one of the true miracles in my life that I’m in awe over.

lovemyson1

Wow! Reading this just gave me so much hope. It’s hard for me to remember that everyone that gets on this crazy roller coaster with drugs doesn’t crash and burn at the end, that some do decide to change and get better with help. Thank you for sharing this. It is really important to get these stories out, giving people hope goes a long way. And I imagine it feels pretty good to get to say something positive after all the time we spend talking about all the awful things that have happened.
Giving hope is definitely something that brings me so much joy! Never give up hope! Miracles do happen but it’s a hard road and often long. Feel free to read my story and you will see how difficult it was but never giving up and God’s mercy conquered my sons battle with addiction. Message me any time if you care to chat.

Sam3

Thank you for coming back and sharing. I think that we have to keep hope around, even if we have to put it on the shelf at times.

lovemyson1

Thank you for coming back and sharing. I think that we have to keep hope around, even if we have to put it on the shelf at times.
You’re so welcome! I hate drugs and what they do to otherwise healthy, wonderful people and the ones who love them. My hope is that more success stories fill up this forum til every member here is in awe of their beautiful miracles!

BusynMember

OMG!!!!

So GOOD to see you again!

Tell your hero son, from me and my ex-military husband, thank you for his amazing service to our country!! Love to you too!

Your son is truly special.

Albatross

This is such great news, LMS. I remember your story. What an accomplishment for him and for you.

Thank you for sharing the journey. I love to read about our children's successes. It gives us all hope.

I love the idea about a section for success stories. There have been times that I too was hesitant to post when others on the forum were particularly struggling, because I did not want to be insensitive to their pain. Having them all in one spot would be a great area to find a little hope in our darkest moments.

lovemyson1

OMG!!!!

So GOOD to see you again!

Tell your hero son, from me and my ex-military husband, thank you for his amazing service to our country!! Love to you too!

Your son is truly special.

Thank you for your kind words! I definitely will tell him what you said. And please thank your military family for their service as well! You have always helped me with your wisdom & tough love. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Kathy813

Staff member
That’s so kind of you to say! I don’t ever want to appear boastful in a forum filled with so much pain.

It is important to share success stories. It is easy to forget that people do get sober and go on to have wonderful lives.

It gives us all hope. I am so happy for you and your son!

~Kathy

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
I think that those with success stories can be the very best teachers. They are on the other side of this evil beast!

I have been having a nice reprieve since October 10th when our son entered his current program and have continued to see him change and grow. We feel that we are blessed right now and just hope that he continues the path he is now on.

We have to work on our won healing and rehab!