It boggles my mind

GuideMe

Over the years, reading many difficult child stories, ones that never cease to amaze me are the ones that have difficult child's who actually faked having jobs... for actually long periods of time too. They would leave in the morning, the same time and come home the same time everyday pretending to go to work. Of course there were a lot of red flags, but you really wouldn't know it unless you actually caught them apparently. I've done some crazy things in my past, but I couldn't even fathom actually faking have a job and faking one for as long as YEARS. I mean, who does that? Who does that?? Who goes through all that trouble? That is one , big, huge, MASSIVE, lie to create in my humble opinion. No one could ever tell me any different.

susiestar

Roll With It
I agree that it is astounding that some people can lie so profoundly and keep it going for so long in very complex ways. It is something about the difficult child mind that I cannot understand much of the time.

Can I ask what has happened to make this an issue in your life right now? If there is a problem along this line, I hope that you can take steps to protect yourself and help remove the insane behavior from your life in a healthy way.

donna723

It's hard to believe, especially when they are living in your own home, but apparently some of them can manage to pull it off. Just look at Casey Anthony! It would be easy enough to fake going to work every day but how do they fake that non-existent paycheck? Unless they have money coming in from some other source that the parents don't know about.

GuideMe

Can I ask what has happened to make this an issue in your life right now?

Oh no. like I said, just was reading some stories in archives and I came across a couple like this and it really boggled my mind. Thankfully, I'm not dealing with this.

Just look at Casey Anthony!

Yes, I know. She is the only one I EVER heard of doing that but apparently, it's a lot more common than I thought!

BusynMember

If t hey do drugs, they have plenty of money coming in from bad places. More than you and I make in a year. If a true sociopath, they may sell drugs and not take them.

susiestar

Roll With It
One of my mother's lifelong friends is married to a man who did this for over a year. The wife trusted him to pay all the bills and he ran up credit cards, including ones taken out in their minor children's names, to make up for the lack of income and the $$ his incredible drinking wasted. The man is an absolute predator and difficult child, and it has taken a real toll on the family. It is astounding how common this can be, sadly enough.

GuideMe

One of my mother's lifelong friends is married to a man who did this for over a year. The wife trusted him to pay all the bills and he ran up credit cards, including ones taken out in their minor children's names, to make up for the lack of income and the $$ his incredible drinking wasted. The man is an absolute predator and difficult child, and it has taken a real toll on the family. It is astounding how common this can be, sadly enough.

Yup, that's a grown difficult child! Wow!