It has been such an amazing weekend

PatriotsGirl

This weekend, M is here on her first weekend pass. It has been awesome!!! What a very different young lady she has become. She is so self aware, so polite - every evening after dinner she completely cleans up everything, took the trash out last night, and says thank you all the time. I can't tell you how nice it was to sit at the kitchen table over coffee yesterday morning and have a conversation. We went to Joyce Meyer yesterday and that was great!! Right now I am sitting here having coffee, waiting for everyone to wake up (we kept Connor up later watching Aladdin). We are going to church this morning and then later I need to bring them back. That part makes me sad. :(
Her plans are to stay at the ministry after graduation and become a leader in training. She feels it in her heart to help other young women coming into the program. She also wants to go back to school to become a dental hygienist.

There IS hope people. She talks about how far into her addiction she was and how blind she was. That she wouldn't listen to anyone. She cries when she thinks about her past but she is proud of where she is today as she should be. I can't believe she graduates in just a few more months! This place has truly, truly been an answer to our prayers and I am so grateful!!!

toughlovin

I am so so glad PG!! So yes here is another story for those of you who are feeling hopeless!!! Go back and read the many desperate hopeless agonizing posts by PG in the past and you will see there is hope!! There really is. There are people who get into recovery from serious addiction!

lovemyson1

Yay!!! I'm so very happy for you, your daughter & Connor! Actually I'm happy for anyone in your family who's been affected by her past addiction. What a joyous story to tell! I know there's hope for each person if they choose to seek that help. Keep posting all the happiness, we need to read that in addition to the negative stories. We all learn from each other as well as give support. We are all here for you and eachother in our journey. God bless you PG!!

AppleCori

I am so glad that your daughter is doing so well!

I wish there were more programs of the caliber of the one she is in.

She has a powerful testimony!

PatriotsGirl

It was sad bringing them back yesterday. :( It will be another month before she comes back for the weekend again. Normally she would have another in two weeks, but they are having a special event at the rehab that weekend so I will be picking Connor up to keep him while she enjoys her special weekend there. She is super bummed she won't get to spend that time with us, but she reminds herself that soon enough she will be graduated and can spend plenty of time with us after that. She will be spending Thanksgiving and Christmas here (as long as she can get the time off work). :)

I have a big surprise for her the next time she comes, though. She has me hooked on this song called "Shake Heaven" and we play it every time we are together. Come to find out, the people who sing this song is the music group at a church not too far from here. We are going to go to the service the Sunday that she is here!!

That weekend is also the weekend that we are celebrating Connor's 2nd birthday - we are taking him to the zoo. He is going to love it!!

So all good, good stuff. Never in a million years would I have dreamt that we would be where we are today. Sure, there are still times when we each get on each other's nerves about something, but we are family and the love comes first. At least now we apologize for it, hug it out and move on. :)

MrsMcNear54

So happy for your daughter and family Patriots girl. My sweet Betsy just celebrated three and a half years sober. She had gone so far down the rabbit hole, I didn't think she would ever return. The last three years have been more than I could have wished for. Blessings to all of you.

PatriotsGirl

So happy for your daughter and family Patriots girl. My sweet Betsy just celebrated three and a half years sober. She had gone so far down the rabbit hole, I didn't think she would ever return. The last three years have been more than I could have wished for. Blessings to all of you.

That is awesome!!! I was feeling so very hopeless because I have read how hard it is to get away from meth. But it CAN be done!! :)