It has to stop

flutterby

Fly away!
Went running errands Saturday with a friend and difficult child. Gone for about 4 or 5 hours, most of it driving. Slept for 2 days, pretty much.

Tuesday, woke up with horrible jaw/facial pain. Went prom dress shopping with easy child's girlfriend. Gone about 4 hours. Slept for 2 days, pretty much. Awake for maybe 5 hours - not consecutive - the first and about 8 hours the second.

Thursday, went shoe shopping with easy child's girlfriend. Gone about 2.5 hours. Slept 14 hours straight; including sleeping through difficult child's therapist appointment (yes, mom of the year here).

I have no energy. None. It is an effort to get a shower. It is an effort to move. It is an effort to do anything. I'm not exaggerating.

On the fatigue scale they currently use, I'm a 9.

I need that stimulant. I don't care about my heart. I have no quality of life. And my children are suffering for it.

I just needed to vent. Thanks for listening.

flutterby

Fly away!
Good thought on the welbutrin, SW. Unfortunately the one time I tried it, I wanted to come out of my skin. I'm afraid to try it again, although I did have a lot of energy.

I'm just going to have to call my cardiologist and ask him what tests he needs to run to clear me for a stimulant. I'm sensitive to medications, so I would think 1/2 of the lowest dose would probably be enough - at least to start. And I wouldn't take it everyday. Just the days I need to..you know..be awake and functional.

Thank you for the hugs, Beth.

Steely

My psychiatrist XR a stimulant even though I had high blood pressure. The cardiologist was furious - yet my blood pressure was the same - and my energy returned. I have since gone off of it - and I miss it. I miss it not because it makes me feel anything unusual - only because it made me feel normal.

I think so many docs assume a stimulant is bad - and for many of our difficult children it can be - but when dealing with major depression, etc., it can do amazing things. Maybe your doctor can be enlightened?

flutterby

Fly away!
It's not depression. It's whatever is going on with me that they haven't figured out yet.

I have a 24 hour test that I have to do, but can't cause I'm not awake enough.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Sweetpea, it's sad that you have to figure out what is going on with you. It's not your job! That's why they go to medical school...

Can you think of it as taking baby steps? Get a mouth guard first (there's a coupon floating around)...Then, move on to the next problem.

Huge big hugs!

Steely

I understand your physical challenges are not depression - but my point was not my diagnosis but that it gave me my energy back - and the psychiatrist approved it because mentally he could see how much I was suffering - despite what my doctor thought.

My thought was that possibly a psychiatrist could help you. They tend to be more understanding about the toll anything can have on one's psyche. And your sickness is obviously not only affecting you physically it is affecting you mentally. Or maybe a psychiatrist is already helping you - and if that is the case - perhaps you need to seek out a new one.