It is a new day

New Leaf

Night slips into early morning hours, there is comfort in the silence. One weeks time has passed since chaos erupted marking the all too familiar exodus of my daughter and grandchildren. The hurt inflicted, slowly heals and fades with time, it ebbs and flows like the tide, each moment, I am trying to learn the lesson meant for me. I am trying to rise above the ashes, to recover from the latest emotion wrought blows, enough to carry on with my life, but not so much so as to forget and let my guard down for the impending next time. As I sit and contemplate these long years of back and forth comings and goings, the cyclonic tumult that eventually erupts into my household, the stolen "missing" items, shards of treasured belongings, hopes and dreams. The making over of our tiny home to house family members who behave like short term guests in a cheap motel. Eventual disrespect and disregard for rules, for decency, for fellow feeling. I look around at the disarray in my home, so representative of my shattered psyche. I am determined to rearrange my living room back to what it should be, to remove the bureaus, and the couch that converts to a bed, to make a visual, physical statement that this will not happen again, to reclaim my home, to reclaim me. The difficulty in all of this is not so much the conversion of home and heart, making room time and again for hollow hopes and broken promises. It is not so much the ensuing dramatic outbursts, unappreciative attitude, leading to a complete, exasperating, degradation of my lifestyle. It is the time that has sifted away for so many years, time is precious, it is fleeting. I am not getting any younger. Neither is my husband, nor my teenaged son. It is time for change. As I contemplate this, and make plans to straighten out my home, my life, to remain firm in my resolve, to strengthen myself, I say a prayer and draw in a deep breath.
It is a new day.

BusynMember

This is a beautiful post that expresses your feelings eloquently. I love it.

Wishing you the strength and courage you will need to go forward on your path of choice.

Have a serene and peaceful day and do something wonderful for yourself. You earned it.

SeekingStrength

Good for you, New Leaf!

It is a new day and you have a good ideas for moving toward the light.

Keep posting. It seems the toughest part in all this is finally making up our mind to change our lives. Once we have a plan and a target, it becomes a bit easier.

SS

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
New Leaf, what an absolutely beautiful post.

I look around at the disarray in my home, so representative of my shattered psyche. I am determined to rearrange my living room back to what it should be, to remove the bureaus, and the couch that converts to a bed, to make a visual, physical statement that this will not happen again, to reclaim my home, to reclaim me.
Good for you!! This is an important step in taking your life back. You sound strong and determined.

It is the time that has sifted away for so many years, time is precious, it is fleeting. I am not getting any younger. Neither is my husband, nor my teenaged son. It is time for change. As I contemplate this, and make plans to straighten out my home, my life, to remain firm in my resolve, to strengthen myself, I say a prayer and draw in a deep breath.
It is a new day.
This is so true. I know this well, that we are not getting any younger and I will no longer waste my precious energy and time on my son. You, I and so many others here have done all we can for our adult children. It's up to them to live their lives as we must now live our lives.
I have learned to cherish each new day, to live it as best I can.

I am happy for you that you are progressing on, taking your life back, taking your home back.

110533_20130614_201954_san-diego-sunset1.jpg

AppleCori

NL,

Just wanted to stop in and say 'hi' and a big ol' 'welcome'!

Sounds like you are on the right path toward detachment and healthy living.

Please stay and continue to post about your journey and also to help others along this road.

Glad you have found us.

Apple

Carri

Night slips into early morning hours, there is comfort in the silence. I am trying to rise above the ashes, to recover from the latest emotion wrought blows, enough to carry on with my life, but not so much so as to forget and let my guard down for the impending next time. y.

Carri

Living on the edge. Always on guard waiting for the "next time" is exhausting. Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome, isn't it? It's as though our adult kids are off at war and we're home waiting to see if they're going to make it home safely.