It is cold

KTMom91

Reading these posts always makes me grateful I live in California! It's about 65 degrees, and I've been wearing shorts. I need to get a new pair of jeans, but I'm waiting until it gets cold...

Abbey

Spork Queen
Yeah, GN...got my first REAL dose of it today. Not that cold, but a lot of snow. I come back home from work to realize they had plowed the street and I had a two foot snow bank to hike over with 4 bags of groceries. And...I don't own a shovel.

Abbey

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Abbey. Go get the shovel. I assure you you will need it. You'll probably have to go to Home Depot/Menard's/Lowe's or similar as the local grocery stores are probably sold out of them.

Get thee some rock salt for sprinkling areas you've shovelled, like the driveway and steps and the like.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ha! GN. Menards is literally attached to my store. Imagine me riding home with a shovel on the bus. People would be looking at me and just shaking their heads.:tongue: Newbie.

Got to get it shoveled by Wed. as my daughter is driving up here from IL. She needs a place to park! I'll probably borrow father in law'S tomorrow morning. I'll remind you that this was one of two conditions of moving here:

I DON'T DO SNOW.

Andy

:stalker:
With the warmest of warm boots, sneaking up to Abbey's front door to drop off a note and running away quickly lest she shoots the messenger. (hopefully she will not recognize my foot steps)

The note: Dearest Abbey, have you checked into your cities rules and regulations of the time line to clear your sidewalks? Sometimes you can get into trouble if you have nasty neighbors who will call the city to tell them you are not following these rules. Sometimes you only have 12 hrs to clear them.

Here is hoping you do not have a sidewalk in front of your home.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Ugh...good note. I forgot that most cities and towns in WI do require that walkways and steps be shovelled within a certain time of a 2" or more snowfall.

I live in a mobile home and do not have to deal with sidewalks. I just have to deal with whether to see if I can still shovel out my driveway without having a coronary, or trying to scrape up the bucks to have it plowed out.

Abbey

Spork Queen
haha, Andy. Well, my father in law has been on the city commission for a good 20 years and violates a few rules himself. (No boats in your driveway being one of them. Firepits being another.) So bring it on. I'll turn him in.:tongue:

I have a one foot wide path swept by a broom going from my front door to the street which is plowed. Good enough for me right now.

Abbey

Andy

:capitulate::blizzard::snowing:
'
Hey, who told on me? How did you figure it was me that left the note? I was just trying to help.

:rofl:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Hey Abbey.... Just use your SPORK!!! Me thinks it would make a lovely snow shovel!!!

Use the giant one you purchased for your front yard!!!
:blizzard::snowangel::snowing:

Andy

Oh Totoro you scared me! I thought you were going to suggest she use the spork on ME!!!!! :anxious: I like the shovel idea. :D

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Oh no Andy!!! I have let the snow pile up too many times!!! and broken too many snow shovels... I think Spork Snow Shovels should be mandatory!!!
I think you have left notes at my house!

Abbey

Spork Queen
OMG, Toto...that is such a good idea. The tips could chuck away at the ice, too. Imagine my neighbor's faces. They'd be like...what the hell is she doing? They were chuckling at me out there with a broom yesterday. Yeah...well YOU'LL see how good the SPORK works!!:tongue:

You know I love messing with people. I thought of this scenario. I go out there with a kitchen spatula and start shoveling. Now, it's about 15 feet from my front door to my driveway and the driveway is about 15 X 30. Eventually some neighbor would come by and ask if I needed help. "Oh, no! It's all fine.:peaceful: I'll get it done in no time, (as I'm scooping half a cup of snow at a time). I'll save the deck and stairs for tomorrow."

Abbey