"It is of the utmost importance"

JJJ

One of the teams I coach is being "investigated" for not having each player play the appropriate number of games. This is a complaint filed from an opposing team that some of our girls didn't play in enough games to qualify for the end of season tournament.

Course the tournament director is on the board of directors of the team that stands the most to benefit from our girls being disqualified (things that make you go mmmm). Fine, whatever, I'll fax in our scoresheets and they can see that it shows our girls qualified.

The thing that cracks me up is she closes her request with "This matter is of the utmost importance."

She obviously doesn't know what is important...it's a stupid kids game.

susiestar

Roll With It
I find it very strange that many people find sports, esp childrens' sports so very important. Many good things are learned by playing sports, but they are NOT the most important things in the world.

Sheesh, sounds like an idiot to me.

Susie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Reminds me of Travis' old soccer coach. At the beginning of the season she decided they weren't "good" enough for her to bother showing up for practices or games. So me and another Mom took over the coaching. The team made it to the championships, and suddenly found themselves "important" enough to be worth her time.

It's just a game. Yes, kids learn alot from them. But in the end, it's still just a bunch of kids playing a game. This sort of thing can ruin the whole experience for them. grrrrrrr

What an idiot.

Hugs

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
JJJ,

The reality is that some families, people have never had the level of concerns that we here deal with....that this is a matter of utmost concern to them.

I have an ex sister in law who lives her life through my niece. It puts so much pressure on my niece; she absolutely hates it. My brother does his best to balance it. AND as my niece gets older she is going to court & asking for more time with my brother than with ex sister in law.

God bless this woman that she doesn't have the problems/issues & such with which we contend on a daily basis - really I mean that. I hope her priorities get a bit straightened out so she doesn't burn out the coaches & others who work with her daughter.

nvts

JJJ, just what you needed! If anything, your players will know what a "poor sport" really is if this goes to "tribal council".

We've been lucky. Baseball was a "no-no" for difficult child 1. He only wanted a trophy, has adhd and the 1st year of "coach pitch" resulted in him standing in the outfield (he was 7 and the outfield NEVER sees a ball) and threw dirt, grass and chased butterflies.

No Match.

difficult child 2's t-ball coach quit showing up after the 2nd game, so I had a crash course in coaching t-ball. That's a total joy since the only people that see any action are the kid at pitcher and the 1st baseman. I finally started rotating them after each batter during an inning so that the tantrums would stop.

Now we're doing flag football for difficult child 2 (he's awesome: An aspie as center defense - if you give hime literal instructions, he'll get the flag each time!).

Basketball at the community club has been awesome for all 3.

The best is that the philosophy is: teach them teaming, commeraderie, compassion oh yeah, and if there's time, we'll play a game too!

I'm sorry you're dealing with a total nerd. Sounds like another parent living vicariously through their kids!

Beth

JJJ

Thanks all. I spoke with the lady several times today. She told me who filed the "concern". It is the same coach I have gone around and around with for several years. She said that she agrees it is absoluetly stupid and since she has the authority to make it go away before the tournament starts - she is going to do that, but she needed our documentation so she could review it, declare us 'legal' and shut him down - so that it doesn't impact the children when we all arrive tomorrow.

So, she does seem to get what is important and I feel bad for doubting her...course I will feel better when I get her written decision :)

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Kids playing in sports definitely can be rewarding and fun, but I have to admit, I was so glad when I didn't have to run from field to field every day and weekend anymore!

Sounds like someone is a spoiled sport.

Marguerite

Given that context, "utmost importance" now makes a lot more sense. Sounds like she's trying to slap down some idiot who is making vexatious allegations.

Marg