It just got totally quiet!!! ????

Andy

I think I am afraid to leave this room? difficult child and the neighbor boy H have been in the living room playing Wii and the neighbor girl D is over. She was talking to me for awhile and then I went to answer the phone. It was Diva calling from downstairs asking for me to take her to Wal-Mart. I told her I needed to send H home first.

So, I tell the boys that it is almost 5:30 so H needs to go home. difficult child said he wanted to go to Walmart and I think H was almost ready to say it was o.k. with his mom if he stayed later. I came back into the computer room.

All of a sudden, there was a commotion of kids running around as if in search for something but difficult child would not tell me what. Just lots of giggling and movements in and out of rooms. Then, complete silence. Do I want to go and check why? Did H go home? Did D go downststairs to Diva? Where is difficult child? I am curious but not sure if I want to disturb this silence. What do you think? Should I investigate?

There are voices downstairs so I guess I will start there. I am pretty sure everything is o.k. or those voices would have made their way up to me by now. I need to gather difficult child, D, and Diva for a run to Wal-Mart and feed them along the way. Though the silence is nice (though weird). Ever have those moments?

Wish me luck - here I go!

Andy

:whew: No problems!

Notice I figured out how to change my avatar. This is our puppy Bella.

Now I want to figure out how to attach pictures to posts. I can't figure it out! :( Any suggestions? :whiteflag:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Glad there were no problems. I remember one time when difficult child was little and was very quiet. I thought he was with husband and husband thought he was me. I went upstairs and difficult child was sitting on our bed playing with super glue!!!

Cute pup!

trinityroyal

In my household, quiet is very very scary. Even Little easy child, my angel, is a noisy angel. When he's too quiet, I know there's going to be a mess.

Glad to hear that there was no chaos.

And yes, Bella is very cute.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
These days a quiet house is usually a happy house...meaning they are too old to really get into trouble if they're being quiet!!! Hahah - I kinda sorta like that a bit better then when they were little. Glad everything was okay. Bella is adorable.

JJJ

Quiet is one of the few things that can send me into a blind panic. I would RUN to see what they are up to. With Kanga in Residential Treatment Center (RTC), I try to remind myself that chances are everything is fine and I force myself to walk but I can't help checking on them.

'Chelle

When it gets quiet in my house, that's when I ask "Whatcha' doin'?" If I get an answer of "nuthin" then I go see what's going on because it's always trouble. LOL