It Seems Mary and Joseph were difficult children! LOL

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yup. You heard me right.

The virgin Mary is none other than Nichole. Joseph is her husband. :rofl: :rofl:

Baby Jesus is little Oliver. (well now he's perfect for the part)

It seems Nichole's husband's grandmother recruited them as the perfect actors for their churches live nativity scene. So at least in this version of the nativity, the parents of Jesus are difficult children. lol

Makes me grin every time I think about it. No way am I missing that! And I'm going to get pics like crazy.

I also have to grin because as an infant I was also baby Jesus for a live nativity scene.......

Kathy813

Staff member
Lisa, you have got to get lots of pictures of the nativity scene!!

One of our favorite family memories is the year that easy child was ten and played Mary in the children's Christmas pageant. She was given a live baby (a girl) to hold as the baby Jesus and then lay in the manger. easy child was told that if the baby got fussy she should pick up the baby and walk it over to the side of the stage where the mom would be waiting and someone would hand her a baby doll instead.

Well, when easy child got to the side of the stage with the baby, no one could find the baby doll so easy child just went back out without a baby and stood by the manger. Then suddenly, we heard someone call out easy child's name and then saw a baby doll come flying through the air from the side of the stage (thrown by a helpful little difficult child). Luckily, easy child was very athletic and jumped straight up in the air, snagged the baby doll, came down and put it into the manger as if it was part of the play. Needless to say, by that point, the audience was falling out of our chairs because we were laughing so hard.

Then, I noticed as the play continued that easy child's face was getting redder and redder. When it was over, easy child came up to me and said that she wasn't feeling well. I felt her forehead and it was burning up. It turned out that she had a 103 degree fever and a severe case of strep throat.

That was definitely a Christmas play to remember. I'm sure your nativity scene will go down in the annals of your family history. :)

~Kathy

JJJ

Of course they were difficult children...

1. teen parents
2. pregnancy before the marriage
3. ran away from authority figures (King Herod)
etc

Malika

Well, according to those who told the story, Mary was a virgin when she conceived Jesus :) She was also betrothed to Joseph at the time...

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
You know, if I told the story I came up with in HS, I'd probably be struck by lightning.

Regardless... I can see Nichole and Oliver. But sister in law? :rofl: as JOSEPH?