It was 43 degrees this morning when I left.

slsh

member since 1999
Repeat after me.... "natural consequences". ;)

Girls are the worst. I never had any problem with- any of my boys - even thank you was smart enough to know that being warm is a good thing. Diva??? Forget it. T-shirt and thin leggings in the middle of winter. No coat because coats aren't "cool" (like frostbite and hypothermia are). She'd wear flip-flops if she could. Makes me nuts!!!!

KTMom91

Yep...natural consequences. And it could be that she isn't cold. It's around 60 right now, and I have the front door open and am wearing a T shirt and shorts, and barefoot. Hubby is freezing...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Oh, I didn't say a word.

Except no, she can not have a space heater in her room tonight. It is 73 degrees in this house and she's cold. So put on some clothes.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Oh, and she took ALL Of her jeans to her mom's house, so she wont' have long pants tomorrow, either.

This is me....not caring.

slsh

member since 1999
Shari, you are *not* going to believe what Diva asked me this morning! I swear, no joke. It's 41 degrees outside.

"Can I wear my flip-flops?" I thought of you, LOL.

She thought I had completely lost my mind when I just burst out laughing. :rofl:

These girls.... sigh.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Girls here wear flip flops all winter long. Craziness, I say.

She's off to school today in "cold" clothes. Only thing that realy bugs me about it is that mom/grandma will hold it against us instead of making her step up.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I gave up trying to make Onyxx wear a coat about 2 years ago. She found one she HAD to have - fortunately, it was $16 - and she wore it maybe 3 times.

She complains of being cold in the house, but goes outside in a tank top.

Then in the summer it's a hoodie and 2 shirts.

I think teenagers' thermostats are broken! I always wore a coat. We moved to Ohio from Texas in October when I was 14 - 90 degrees to 50. I like to froze.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I can't say too much about that cause I rarely wear a coat just going from point a to point b...like home to work or the car to the store. I always CARRY one in the car, but I don't wear it unless I'm going to be out in it for a while, or its REALLY cold.

BUT...I don't subsequently complain to everyone else that I am cold, nor do I expect others to do something about it if I am...

But she will do like yesterday, show up half naked, then proceed to gripe for the next 8 hours how cold she is, refuse to put on any additional clotes, and then, like last night, want me to let her turn on the space heater in her room. Uh...no. House is 73. You have flannel jammies. Oh, and here's a thought...how about sleeping UNDER the comforter instead of on top of it....? I know...CRAZY idea.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Yup!

We had a radiator-type space heater. When Onyxx's bedroom was downstairs, she was allowed to use it (this room is now my "mom cave" off my bedroom), as it was super-cold in the room (spray foam insulation, now). The deal was she had to turn it off every morning. AND not put things ON or NEXT TO it at all.

So one Saturday morning she is at BM's and I wake up smelling something vaguely plastic-y... I wander downstairs... A pair of JEANS was thrown on the heater, which was left on. Spandex melts. Thank heavens it didn't start a fire. I peeled them off, tossed them on her bed burnt-side up, and took the heater out.

When she began screaming Sunday night when she got back... husband and I went downstairs. "YOU TOOK MY HEATER IT'S FREEZING IN HERE!" I asked her if the deal was that she was supposed to turn it off. She said yes. husband asked her if she was supposed to put things on it. She said no. I picked up her jeans off the bed, handed them to her, and husband and I left.

Screaming rage. Holes in the wall. Writing on the walls. But she never asked for it again.