It was my last day at work today......

Steely

And it was a bit surreal. I am not sure I do goodbyes really well - I tend to hop onto the next thing without realizing I might have feelings about the first thing. Yet, I really feel blank about leaving this place today. Nothing. Zero. I cannot tell if it because all of this is happening so fast, and I do not have time to feel a sense of loss - or if it is because this place hoovered so badly I have nothing to miss. I think it is the latter. I still have to go back next week to be part of the investigation - so maybe that is why I still feel connected and as if this has chapter has not closed.

Anyway, I have 8 actual days until I have to physically leave Dallas and drive to AZ, so I will be busy. I will be up bright and early for my 10 day interim job of relocating myself. I have to pack, get rid of stuff, put my house on the market, yada yada yada.

Surreal. But good.

klmno

Well, I'm excited for you and am following your lead as far as venturing out to find new horizons! Just remember, you can move east if this doesn't work out and I have a furbaby-friendly home. :)

As far as this "old" job- I dare say that you do have mixed feelings- I think I would be bouncing between emotions for a while. It will even out over time. If you have any friends from this place, just take their phone number and address with you and you'll be fine.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Well, it feels exciting to me. difficult child 1 wanted to study at the Motorcycle Mechanics Institute in Phoenix. We drove the 2,000+ miles from Maine to Arizona. I will never forget the experience.I had no idea this great country was so vast. I hope that trip will be as liberating for you as it was for me. God watch over you Steely! You are a true pioneer to do this by yourself. What a brave woman you are!

Jena

Wow so happy and so excited for you!! I could totally see you feeling that way after all that's happened there. Plus, you have so much on your mind to take care of and do.

I really am so excited for you, your beginning a new chapter in your life :)

Andy

And this long frustrating overly difficult chapter winds now to an end and Steely prepares for a new chapter in her life. A chapter full of hope and a new life to end the pains. The painful memories will still be there but your new life will renew the strength to bear through them.

Wow! What an adventure awaits you! Remember, you are not alone. We are all in the back seat (well someone may be in the front seat and one of the back seat people may take the challenge of a backseat driver - No! Turn Left - but the map says Right - I don't care, I know best! Can't you see the Starbucks to the left? - my diva must be along).

Let us know if your vehicle is a little small. I bet we can get Jena to gas up the bus to follow you - heck, we will pull your car behind and you can ride the bus with us.

We are going with you one way or another.

Steely

Let us know if your vehicle is a little small. I bet we can get Jena to gas up the bus to follow you - heck, we will pull your car behind and you can ride the bus with us.

Oh how I wish this could really happen!!!!

I need some company on the journey North. (And I need someone to drive the bus:tongue: - I am not that coordinated.)