It wasn't your difficult child's it was ME -Card List

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG I can't belive that I am so disorganized this year - but here's my Christmas Card confessional.

Ready?

First of all - thanks to all that participated. I love doing this and totally enjoy being the postal elf. Now that you understand that - here's the stuff.

I had the list printed - it was done!! I was so proud. I hit DELETE instead of save - and square one. This was mid October - not to worry - there were only 20 names then.

So I found the names in my PM's (I had been putting them on the list as I got them to be ORGANIZED) ugh....redid it hit SAVE...and was proud.

Then in late Nov. I got a few people that couldn't do it, okay no biggie - take them off the list (leave them on for Christmas spirit) done - what to put in those holes - I was trying to keep this alphabetical. The final product? I'm thankful you're on the list - somewhere.

Then got to talking with one member and she said take me off - okay so I did - but had the list printed. So I redid the list and shredded the rest. I didn't want to upset anyone, so as I did the list again - I HIT DELETE instead of save on this program...of mine....and slowly listened to my brain glub and boil.

Redid the list from the first printed list where I kept you on (you know who you are) lol...and shredded the rest when I got the email that said - Leave me on....Okay (snort) I'll just add her back in - NO biggie - really. I had a cup of coffee with ....no I had a cup of Baileys with a splash of coffee. or two - who keeps count? :tongue:

So then I printed the lists - and thought okay this is great - I'm done.

Thanksgiving day after working - I set down with my cards, and my lists and I'm done with about 9 cards and then I notice TWO typos. OMG! Nothing to worry about....:surprise: So I went back in, fixed those, printed the list - Again....shredded the other lists, and opened the first 9 cards CAREFULLY - I mean it was really good. You'd never know. Resealed them!! Quite professional looking at this point still.

Except.........

I forgot to put the NEW list IN the first 9 cards......so I opened them again....and sealed them AGAIN.....and I'm on the 10th card.....and go to check that person off the list - and OH FOR.. WHAT THE? OH NOoooooo. Yup - I had omitted her. So she's on a sticker.....she was like one of the first people to sign up (Slap head have another coffee thingy) and I opened the cards - all 31 of them again. Then I had to tape them.....shut....OMG they look pathetic.

So as I'm taping the backs of these with the newest, corrected, and complete list (roflmlistoff) DF looks at me and says -So you're working 2 jobs and the board list huh? Picks up the envelope and says - you know if those gals have kids like ours? You had better tell them that it wasn't the difficult child's that opened these and taped them shut - IT WAS YOU STAR.....

:faint:

SO when you get your card - some of which have been opened more than 4 times - PLEASE accept my Christmas Cheer because I'm still laughing. If I were to get upset I'd cry - lol.

So anyway - they're done - and going to the post office NOW....before I find another typo or wake up in the middle of the night wondering how to spell some town starting with E in Canada ending in Coke - or know that someone lives on a street that ends in EM not EN like contact lens solution.... And that everyone GOT on - and I'm just so happy to have this done this year - lol.

THEY'RE UGLY BUT THEY ARE FULL OF LOVE - lol. AND I OPENED THEM!

and of course when you make a written typo - there are NO cards to be found anywhere in the world like the 4 boxes YOU bought - ugh....

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Nice to know I'm NOT alone :alien:

Yes....my life, in print - funny. Most days down right hillarious. If I were a marionette? I'd be the one trying to perform dangling by 3 not 4 strings..:tongue: - some things I just have no control over. :whiteflag:

trinityroyal

:rofl::rofl:

Giant hugs, and a big bottle of bailey's winging your way, Star.

Oh, just to add to the fun, that town in Canada that ends in Coke...
The "ke" is silent.

(ducking and running away)

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Ah Star at least I won't think the mail people are messing with my mail (sometimes I wonder). Thanks for tackling this job for us each year.

beth

klmno

Reading this just made my day!! I really needed that laugh- thank you, Star! :D

And, by the way, are you SURE that there isn't just a tiny bit of difficult child in you? You know- do you have any memory whatsoever of either of your parents saying something like "Oh, Star, you are such a special gift?" It's Ok- it's alright- we all have some in us!

Or, maybe it's just the Bailey's!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
That is why I have to have extra envelopes... and sometimes cards.
And drinks... and stamps and hands. If only N could write! If only one could really read K's handwriting after 2 cards!

Thank you Star* This year it really means so much... why? Because mother in law gave me a snowflake card holder that she didn't need!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Terry -

Baileys is such a "sneaker" liquor. One bottle with a few cups of coffee and you think you can climb out of the chair....and dance.....
:tongue:

'Chelle

:rofl: That's the kind of thing that happens to me, at work, when I'm rushing to try finish a job the boss gives me 10 minutes before quitting time - only I don't have any Bailey's to make it more enjoyable. LOL

Thanks Star. Though I wouldn't have blamed difficult child for opening it (that would be against the rules-Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) ya know) Would blame easy child - she can barely wait till I come home to beg me if SHE can open them.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:rofl:

And that is the reason easy child did her own wedding invitations. :D ;)

Nice to know I'm not the only one to have that sort of trouble. :)

Jena

:bravo:Oh Star i needed that laugh today so badly!! You are too cute. such a funny story, i kept waiting to see what you did in the next paragraph!!!

M

ML

Star you are precious! The card will mean even more to me now that I know the "history". Thank you soo much for putting this together and I'm sorry you hit some bumps in the road. I really appreciate you. ML

Steely

Ahhhhh Star* - You are SO special. Snort. NO really!!!!
It will be like getting those Mother's Day cards from Pre-K that had more glue than glitter:tongue:
Love you Star*..........thanks for tackling such a mind numbing task. I will make sure you get an extra something, something in YOUR card.:hellyes:

Andy

"DELETE" is NOT your friend! But Baileys make it all better. Yep! Just like snowmen make winter tolerable, Baileys make list making tolerable.

I suppose it is too late to add my name? (RUN to the corner before the swat makes contact and the loud words hurt my ears)

Star*

call 911........call 911
BAILEYS ICE CREAM??? BLARGH I am dead.

Nope not a bit of cursing in all of that entire scenario....a lot of head slapping like (DOH)....

Adrianne - I closed the list the week before thanksgiving....but if you PM me I will be glad to exchange a card with you!

Special Star- (snort) Kinda like Sirrius huh? The DOG star....lol - definitely not SERIOUS.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Oh and next year? I'm DRAWING a simple star on a piece of paper, outlining it with glue and adding glitter - lol.