It went pretty well

witzend

L cooked dinner, and had her half-sister S, their dad & SM, and boyfriend's parents, and us and M over. I took a quiet moment and told her that we wouldn't be doing gifts this year. She said something to the effect of "Well, we always do Xmas eve out at BA's house which is south of us (a friend of her dad's - this is true), and S doesn't want to drive south to our house for Xmas day, too, so we won't be having Xmas day here." Fine. Meanwhile downstairs S is explaining to everyone - husband included - that L did all the cooking and cleaning for Thanksgiving this year, so she will be doing Xmas day at her house. Fine.

So, I guess we're not invited. Which is actually ok by me. I never really want to be invited where I'm not wanted, so either husband and I will have a nice time at home, or someone who actually wants us will invite us. Either way, I'm good with that. I don't have to spend the next month torturing myself over it. I feel kind of badly for M. He doesn't have anything planned. I think L should invite him, but there must be something more fun for him to do than sit around with some old people who don't care about Xmas and aren't going to celebrate.

susiestar

Roll With It
I know you are not doing Christmas, but if L is having a tough day maybe you could remind him that movie theaters are often open on Christmas. It is our theaters busiest day this time of year. Maybe you could all go to a movie together.

M

ML

You did good Witz. I like SS's idea. But most importantly, feel the peace that comes with making a decision that is in your best interest for a change. I'm proud of you!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Well, major phew/whew that yesterday went well!

I was going to suggest a movie at Christmas and including M if he's interested, too. Anything good debuting that day?

Suz

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sherlock Holmes looks good. 2012 is awesome. The special effects are unreal and make you almost feel like it's real. And it's really hard for me to actually get caught up in a movie. lol :D

Glad she took it pretty well and you get to have your nice peaceful holiday. I'm sure that's a load off.

Hugs

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well if you WANT to go see ANOTHER WRECKED vampire movie - you can see that crud - Translymania....what an homage to the motherland. Blech.

I think I'd rather have my eyes pecked out by olive forks and served to crows. ;)

Glad you had a nice time at dinner and got the Festivus thing worked out.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Glad it went well - good for you!

We always go to a movie on Christmas Day. There are usually decent new movies out then and it's just a nice relaxing way to kill off 2 hours of the day. By the time we get back home, we just laze around and nosh, read, etc.

You can go to www.screenit.com and read some of the reviews.

Enjoy your day no matter what you do!