Italian Nacho's

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I mentioned in the GM thread yesterday that kt & I were making Italian nachos for dinner last night. People asked so I'm sharing (it's kind of my what's in the house home made recipe).

1 lb hot Italian sausage
3 cloves garlic - minced
1 red or orange pepper - diced
1 small onion - diced
2 cups shredded Mozarella cheese
1 cup shredded Parmesean cheese
Marinara sause
Round tortilla chips

Brown the sausage in a hot skillet; add in the garlic, pepper, onion & cook until the sausage is no longer pink.

Place half of the cooked mixture in the bottom of a pie plate or nacho plate. Arrange the round tortilla chips about the edge of the plate. Add half of the cheeses over the layer of sausage mixture. Just for fun flavor the cheeses with Italian seasoning or basil & oregano. Pour the 2nd half of the sausage mixture over the first. Arrange tortilla chips in the mixture in a circular form to create almost a rose effect in the pie pan. Add the remaining cheeses - season as you will.

Bake @ 375 degree for 15 minutes or so.

Serve with marinara sauce for dipping. Even though this might be considered an appetizer it makes for an entire meal.

As this is a "Linda creation" of sorts, I hope this makes sense. I meant to take a photo so you could see the arrangement of chips & how pretty it looks.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
kjs, it was a big hit! kt & Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) worker about finished the plate off. I'm lucky I got any at all. That's fine ~ I like cooking better than I do eating. I enjoy watching people enjoy their food.

M

ML

Definitely one I will try soon, except I may do a lowfat version. Thanks TL