It's 3am: Mom, my tummy hurts

gcvmom

Here we go again!
says easy child as she's waking me from my first three hours of sleep. She crawls in my lap and is very upset because her stomach hurts. So I follow her down to her room and try to get her settled in bed again so I can check her temp, get her some water, whatever.

And no sooner does she lay down, but she pops back up again and begins heaving. :sick: Poor kid. Don't know what hit her, but it's not pretty.

So I'm now up, it's 3:30am my time and I'm washing her old bedding. She doesn't have a temp, but her stomach still hurts. I gave her two antacids to see if that will settle things down. She took a bath to clean herself up and now she's trying to go back to sleep. Probably something she ate, or picked up at day camp.

Hope it doesn't turn into something that lingers...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, two hours later and numerous deposits into the big bowl at the side of her bed, plus a quick zip to the bathroom to attend to a new problem at the OTHER end... I think she's finally done!

My eyelids feel like sandpaper, so I think I will return to bed and try to get some more sleep. And of course, husband is sleeping soundly and totally unaware of the drama downstairs. We moms just reap all the fun, don't we?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I remember those days. husband's always seem to manage to sleep right thru it.

I hope it's just a 24 hr thing. Poor kid. Poor Mom.

Hugs

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Ugh... thanks, Lisa. Just as I was going to go back to bed, I could hear her going at it again. The sun is coming up here now. She's on the couch chatting a little bit with me. No fever. Gotta be something she ate or picked up at the mud pit at day camp (although, they do chlorinate it...)

susiestar

Roll With It
I'm sorry. Jess is still not over her birthday stomach flu. It is a nasty virus, at least the one we have is.

I hope you can each get some sleep and that no one else gets it, esp not YOU!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thanks, Susie. I hope Jess feels better soon!

easy child's just laying on the couch moaning now. I guess I'm staying up for a while.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
What did she have for dinner? This sounds precisely like husband last Thursday!

Sending good thoughts her way. I know how it feels. It hoovers super huge.

mstang67chic

Going Green
She ate a Subway sandwich that was leftover from yesterday. I'm wondering if it got left out...

Not to burst the "I hope it's food related" bubble, but doesn't food poisoning show up sooner than that? But, the no fever thing DOES sound promising! Normally when I have the both end issues, I'm usually running a raging fever at the same time.

Either way...hope she's better soon!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Depends Stang. Often it shows up fairly fast........but not always. You've got a 24 hr window there I believe depending on the culprit. Since difficult child got sick during the night, she is well within that range.

I'm guessing that sandwich sat out too long.

DammitJanet

Why is it that tummy icky issues always seem to arise during the dead of night? It always happens that way here.

I normally have a telltale warning with this metallic taste and this just not quite right feeling that something may be up but I always hope Im wrong...lol. Then it never fails that sometime in the middle of the night I awake and have to rush to the bathroom. I am never smart enough to keep a trashcan next to the bed. Rushing to the bathroom is hard when you are in a drugged sleep from ambien and seroquel...lol.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I suspect the sandwich because I had found it out a while after we'd gotten home Monday afternoon -- and that's what she ate for dinner last night. Either that, or the ham sandwhich I made her for lunch was off... but I'm pretty sure the date for that meat was still good and it seemed fine when I took it out of the fridge yesterday morning. Plus she had a blue ice pack on it all day at camp in her cooler.

I finally fell asleep on the couch with her around 6:30am. Around 8am she got up and went to her bed and I went back upstairs. Then she came up again around 10am because she was in pain. husband gave her some Pepto and went to stay with her so I could get some much-needed sleep. I just got up at 1pm and she was feeling better -- despite heaving a few times more after husband had given her some lemon-lime soda. She was complaining of her calves hurting, so I got some Gatorade out and she's been sipping that. Oh, and her ear hurts. Gave her a tylenol and a sudafed to see if that will help... something might have backwashed up her eustachian tube :(

So now I'm getting my "emergency" list together for husband so he knows what to do while I'm gone this weekend. Undoubtedly she'll be fully recovered and he won't have any issues to deal with -- he never has to clean up the aftermath of anything. :rolleyes:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well now she has a temp of 100. Maybe this is a bug afterall... Well, I sure hope the rest of the guys don't catch it while I'm gone! That would really hoover for husband, but then, I think he's long overdue for his turn at dealing with fun stuff like this! :p

mstang67chic

Going Green
Pop vitamins, drink tons of OJ...get out of there NOW!!!! We want you to come, we want you to be well and most of all....WE DON'T WANT IT!!!! :tongue:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I've been washing my hands religiously 'Stang! :D No worries here.

I leave for the airport in 17 hours! Yay!