It's a Girl! And a Boy! Prayers needed please...

trinityroyal

Hello everyone!

After a long day waiting for the c-section, and a wicked-bad case of post-operative nausea, this is the first chance I've gotten to get to the computer.

Baby a ("Thadeus"):
It's a Girl!
Name: Paulina Kaye M.
Weight: 5 lbs, 8 oz.
Time of birth: 3:46 pm

Baby b ("Scott"):
It's a Boy!
Name: Basil Raymond M.
Weight: 5 lbs, 15 oz.
Time of birth: 3:47 pm

The docs were debating whether to try and wait a bit longer, when I went into labour and took the decision out of their hands. they got me into the operating theatre as soon as they could for the c-section.

Even though both babies are big and strapping, they're still very early. Basil and Paulina both have wet-lung and low blood-oxygen levels. The paed-doctor doen't think they are in danger of permanent impairment but it's scary to watch them lying in the NICU fighting for each breath.

If you can spare a prayer or 2 for my precious ones it would be much appreciated.

One very cool thing...
The anaesthesiologist was my dear friend C's baby brother. I think I got a bit of extra cossetting as a result.

Many thanks to Star's Dude for sharing his birthday with my littles.

Love,
Trinity

flutterby

Fly away!
Congratulations!!!! I'm glad the procedure went well and you're feeling better from the nausea.

Definitely saying prayers and sending healing thoughts to your two precious babies.

(((hugs)))

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oh my gosh!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
TIMES TWO!!!

(I guess it pays for me to stay up late sometimes... :tongue:)

AbsoLUTEly sending up prayers :angel2:for the babies' safety and speedy healing of their wee lungs! The little angels...

I am so delighted to hear you are doing well and that they are finally here... they will be screaming loudly and out of the NICU in no time at all. I hope you are able to get over the post-op queasies and rest and recuperate. You're going to have your hands VERY full, VERY soon!!!

:bigsmile:

Marguerite

Congratulations!

They're in the best place right now, until their breathing stabilises. It won't be long, they'll be in your arms and home.

Hang in there.

Marg

SRL

Yay, more CD board babies to love! Congrats to you and saying a prayer that the wee ones will catch their breath soon!

donna723

Congratulations, Trinity! How wonderful! Glad it went well and I will keep your precious little ones in my prayers - they'll be well and home with you before you know it!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you and am saying many prayers. by the way, the new twins also share a birthday with my mom and her twin sister!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Lots of prayers and congratulations! I am honored to be a board auntie to your two new little ones!

They're going to be just fine. We are all pulling for them and you and board magic... Well, it works!

DammitJanet

Awwww....a girlie and a boy! How precious is that? We are going to have to change "her" name though on the board...lol. Thadeus just wont do for a girl.

I am praying like crazy. My step sis was a neonatal ICU nurse, then supervisor before she moved up into admin. She took good care of those little ones. Yours sound big enough and I am sure they started you on the medications to help with their lung development before birth. I bet they will come through this with flying colors. After all, they are our niece and nephew so they have to be fighters!

Oh...goody...I get to go shopping for a twin outfit!!!!

bby31288

Congrats!!! I will be praying here in New Jersey, as I am sure everyone on the board will! The babies sound big and beautiful and I am sure it will clear up quickly! Get some rest!

Star*

call 911........call 911
WE HAVE BABIES!!!!????!!!!!!!!! AND DIDN'T THEY SURPRISE US AGAIN???
One of each Trinity? OH MY GOSH - and what a lovely gift from the man upstairs - one of each! Just such a lovely blessing. CHecks fingers-toes....mmmmhmmmm and little tiny everything else....okay. And the lungs will puff up - they've just been squished in a space normally made for one and WOW they are healthy 5lbs plus? Yeah - they just need some breathing room and they will be using those lung in NO TIME...;) but prayers never hurt.

I can not WAIT to tell Dude what his gift was - he said a boy and a girl. lol. So Mommie, Mommie...CONGRATULATIONS...and ....ahem - like Kenny Loggins said - THIS IS IT. Right?? No no ----let's try for triplets.....(donk):faint:

YOU DONE GOOD MOMMA! I BET THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL and being YOUR children - we already know they are fighters and surviviors!

CONGRATULATIONS

Fran

Former desparate mom
Trinity, I am so happy for you that they are here and all three of you have survived. I think this may be the first time I got tears when a birth was announced.
Take care of yourself and watch the babies as they grow tons in the days ahead.
They are big babies which is good.
Congrats to you and your husband and your babies.

slsh

member since 1999
Welcome Paulina and Basil!!! Trinity, you grew them well. Those are impressive weights.

Sending many good thoughts for speedy resolution of the lung issues. I know the NICU is a very scary place - all those buzzers and beepers, the tubes and wires and stuff. The good news is that the kidlets are such a good size and you were able to carry them as long as you did. Hopefully the doctors. will get them tuned up and home ASAP.

In the meantime, take care of you. And congratulations, on your new little bundles!!

Mattsmom277

Happy Birthday to your precious wee ones!!! Good job mama :) :)

They'll be home and keeping you awake nights before you know it.

I love their names too! Look forward to pics