It's a gorgeous fall day....,

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
husband & I went out to run the few errands that had to be completed today. As wm is on an outing this weekend there will be no visit - which makes this a true respite weekend.

I've taken up nature journaling over the last week & it's been so pretty this afternoon that I've spent the last 1.5 hours sitting on my patio doing my best to record (draw) the birds coming to my feeders. I lost track of the numbers as I was so busy just watching the detail of a plain house sparrow. One of God's plainest & in it's own right prettiest creatures. The markings on a house sparrow are wonderful.

I guess this is my blessing for today. :angel: Don't forget to find your one positive for the day.

Steely

Thanks Linda......that sounds so peaceful. It is not quite fall here, still rather hot, but I can feel the whiff of it on the horizon. YAY!

My positive for the day is that I just got called for a job interview Monday. That little hope makes my day - as actually getting a job interview is a hard road to plow - let alone getting the job.

Star*

call 911........call 911
You are POSITIVEly correct.....any day above ground is a gift.

Thanks for reminding me to keep my eye on the sparrow.

ENJOY!

busywend

My positive is finding the absolutely perfect picture of an Italian countryside for my kitchen. It was ON CLEARANCE at Target!

muttmeister

It is beautiful fall weather here too and I have been enjoying my garden and my flowers. Today I had an extra large black swallowtail butterfly and a beautiful yellow swallowtail plus tons of monarchs. Plus this evening there was a hummingbird - fairly rare around here. I can sit on my back patio and enjoy the wildlife plus the neighbor's goats and llamas. There is a black and white spotted baby llama that is so cute and when they chase each other in their awkward way it always makes me smile. Lots of things to feel blessed about.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
MM, your backyard sounds beautiful. The one plus to having a chronic illness is that you're forced to slow down. For me slowing down has meant a deeper appreciation for nature, for an orderly house (I'm cleaning as much as I can), and for time to contemplate life. The good, the bad & the ugly.

I find myself less bitter; wanting to find a positive amidst all the chaos that our difficult children bring into our lives along with positives for myself along - my challenges.

busy, I'm so glad you were able to find the perfect picture & on sale. It made me smile to read this - I'm always waiting for that sale & hoping what I needed (wanted) was still in stock.

Ranger - your welcome.

BBK, keep on packing.

I don't mean to sound like some kind of "happy thoughts" freak. I only want to encourage each of us to find a reason to smile each day amidst all the stressors in our lives.

Thanks for sharing your "happy thought", blessing whatever you'd like to call it.

Linda,

That was a beautiful image, thank you. I just love that you have your bird sanctuary to help you with your recovery. I LOVED house sparrows, I find them gorgeous with their simple coloring. They require an extra long look to see their beauty, not unlike our difficult children!

My positive thought today is, I finished unpacking our bedroom yesterday and can now start on the rest of the kitchen and husband is planning on hanging some more new blinds. My easy child 2, his fiance and her 3 yo son came and stayed the night last night and now we are about to go out and feed the goats and my new horse Aspen. She was a rescue and soooo skinny. The kids and I are having fun fattening her up.

Anyways, I loved your post.

Hugs,
Vickie