It's a little cold - Update

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
for difficult child 1 to be on run. But wouldn't you know that the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) called at about 9:30 to let me know that is what she was doing. Her and two others. Of course there is the normal worry about her being on run then there is the added bonus of the fact that it is 17 degrees and with the wind chill it is 9. So I am just tickled by this lovely move on her part.

I am so exhausted that I want to sleep. I plan to lay down but goodness knows that if I do sleep it is going to be ugly sleep. Just my luck that I made a comment that she was doing pretty good lately. I have to stop doing things like that. Say a couple good thoughts that she and the other two girls are found and that they are okay if you would.

Beth

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Beth

I'm so sorry. I swear sometimes it's like they carry their brains around in their back pockets.

Saying a prayer for difficult child and those other two girls tonight.

Hugs

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Geez, Beth. I hate that you (& many parents here) cannot comment on the good choices our children are making. I hate that our difficult children cannot seem to handle a compliment - a simple compliment. All it takes is "thank you, mom - I'm proud of me too".

What is so hard about that?

I'll be keeping you & your difficult child in my prayers. Take care of you, in the meantime. (((hugs)))) :angel:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Beth,

I'm sorry. I am praying all the girls are found safe. :angel: As Linda said take care of yourself in the meantime.

LittleDudesMom

Beth,

I hope the girls are ok. Running when the temps are so low just shows their lack of planning of good sense. I'm sure they will show up for warmth soon. Positive thougths that they return REAL soon.

Sharon

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
They are back. I did fall asleep and at some point the phone rang to tell us they had gotten back. I will have to follow up with Residential Treatment Center (RTC) to find out what happened. Didn't actually ask last night as I didn't really think I could handle knowing while she was gone. Thanks for your thoughts.

Beth

meowbunny

Good to hear they returned. Hopefully, all is well. Nothing like a dose of reality (cold weather is really good for that!) to convince you that anyplace is better than nowhere.

TerryJ2

Just checking in, Beth. I hope you've gotten some rest and that things are calmer now.
Does the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) have any disciplinary procedures?