It's a new day!!!

B

bran155

Happy Obama Day everyone!!! I am so excited. I really feel as though I woke up in a new world. Is everyone going to watch the inauguration??? (SP?)

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I did. It was amazing. Even if you don't agree with his ideology, you have to admit that he is an excellent speaker. My God, I am always so impressed by his speeches and the way he inspires people. My eyes have been glued to the tv all day!

Ropefree

Banned
Roger that! We are so happy with this new President and the prospects of having a
thinking man and woman with eyes on a future that is worth living in! yey Happy Day!

C.J.

I consider myself blessed to have been born in America. Whenever a new president is inaugurated, I am amazed at the peaceful transition of power in our country. I told N*'s older brother on 9/11 that it was time for the people of my generation to step forward and do our part to end terror and tyranny and promote the goodness in us. President Obama and I graduated from high school the same year.

While I do not hold an elected office in my community, I chaired a nonprofit organizaiton which assisted low income seniors and physically handicapped homeowners with property maintenance. I volunteered in N*'s school for years. I believe we all have a contribution to make to leave the world a little better place than we found it.

I was in tears!!! I am estatic. difficult child and i went to a homeschool iewing party at Applebee's. It was so cool. Everyone in the restruant applauded after he was inagurated. I thin kObama is such a bridge builder and this is so excitng to live at this time!!! Compassion

mstang67chic

Going Green
I had a doctor's appointment this morning and missed most of it. I was listening to the radio on the way to work but THEY PLAYED COMMERCIALS DURING THE SWEARING IN!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I dvr'd it though, just haven't watched yet. I wanted to see the big ball tonight and see their first dance.

I cried a little.

Such a historic day!!! :proudamerican:

K

Kjs

I wasn't going to watch. However, here at work they just installed 4 42" TV's above my HEAD. So, not only our department but many others were in the room watching. It was cute when he was being sworn in and he just stopped and stared at the man...that was too much to recite. Did everyone else catch that too. Then when he repeated what was to be said he flip flopped the words.