It's Been a Rough Couple a Weeks...

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Hello all!

Thank you so much for the well-wishes for our move! It's been a ton of work (in record heat, no less)...but we've managed to move everything. We're still getting settled and trying to remember where things are packed--but at least we have made it to our new house. That's the good news....

The bad news...? difficult child.

During the move, we discovered that there was FECES smeared all over the walls of her closet. And this was NOT her childhood home where she might have done this when she was a toddler. No, this mess was created in the last couple years. Lovely. Just lovely.

THEN we found handfulls of pills hidden in her bedroom. Some of them were her prescriptions--but others were pills I didn't recognize. And of course, she had six different stories explaining this.

And now that it's been conclusively proven that she has not been taking her medications as prescribed, as far as difficult child is concerned--this means she no longer has to take them AT ALL (instead of just sometimes)...so she is completely out of control.

This morning she had a huge meltdown over nothing. During a tirade at her brother, he said something back to her which she interpreted as a HUGE insult...and naturally she felt he was WAAAYYY out of line (nevermind that her own behavior was way over the top) and this led to a four-hour screaming match with her Dad after he told her she needed to go outside until she calmed herself down. (Welcome to the neighborhood! I can't believe none of our new neighbors called the cops!)

So I'm finding myself in a new level of H*ll...

It's gonna be a loooooooonnnnnggggg summer.

:(

TerryJ2

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrghhh!
I am so sorry!
We went through the feces thing a few yrs ago. Or maybe one yr ago. I'm trying to forget.
Anyway, it's in the past, and good riddance.
I have no idea what to say about the pills.
It seems like she's not taking the unsual pills or her own pills. Just keeping them? Collecting them?
I hope you saved them so you can take them to the pharmacy to have them identified.

I'm so sorry you had to arrive at your new neighborhood like this. How embarrassing.
But at least it was the kids fighting and not the adults. People cut a lot of slack for kids ...

B

BeachPeace

{{{Hugs}}}
Moving is so hard on kiddos like ours! (not to mention the "discoveries")
Sending peaceful vibes your way mama!

tiredmommy

{{{DaisyFace}}}

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I'm sending a big {{{hug}}} your way. What does her psychiatrist think about the pills and feces?

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
{{{DaisyFace}}}

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I'm sending a big {{{hug}}} your way. What does her psychiatrist think about the pills and feces?

Thanks for the support! Because of our move, we are switching to the doctor's other office....and a new case manager at that facility. I made difficult child call the office to let them know her story--and the medications are to be discussed at our upcoming appointment...which is still a few weeks away.

So it's gonna be FUN until then.

busywend

Drive around the new area, find a creek or stream or some park she can walk to that will be her 'cooling off' place. If you trust her that is.