It's Friday!!!! Good Morning!

LittleDudesMom

Happy Free Choice Friday!

We made it through another week! easy child and I head to the beach for three days as soon as we drop off difficult child at school! The weather is supposed to be great. Can't wait to sink my toes in the sand.

difficult child has had another great week - 2 down and lots more to go........

Have a great Friday and a great weekend.

Sharon

Rabbit

TGIF! Hope everyone has a GREAT day and weekend! I spent yesterday at the ER with difficult child#3> Just dehydration. apparently its common in teenagers UGH! hoping for a quiet day today taking my cat to the vet. Sharon- enjoy the beach! Hugs for all Rabbit

Andy

GOOD GOOD GOOD FRIDAY MORNING!!!Little Dude's Mom - your weekend sounds great!!! Good for difficult child this school year also!Rabbit - I am sorry about your difficult child's ER visit. Dehydration is always a concern for my difficult child also. He has powerade in the nurses' office but is refusing to go in to get it. He is suppose to have it with him at all times and go in after lunch to get one instead of purchasing one - cheaper if I send some to school.I am taking a "Just because" day off today! I was all caught up at work and yesterday had a little trouble finding a way to fill the four hour day so figured today I will take the day off. I think I will do some cleaning and some garage sales. I would love to have a sale tomorrow but both difficult child and husband will be gone and I don't feel I can do it on my own since there are a few heavier things I need their help with if it rains.The summer schedule and school schedule has started to clash with difficult child's body this week. I can't wait until Day Lights Savings Time change for that extra hour of sleep for difficult child to totally get into the school schedule.I am hoping for another nice day since I have bathroom mats to hang out to dry on the clothes line - Maybe I will do a load of towels for the line also after checking the radar and weather forcast.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning everyone!Sharon - enjoy the beach!!! I'm jealous!Rabbit, have a great day; I'm glad that your difficult child is okay, relatively speaking. Both my girls suffered with dehydration (still do at times).Andy, enjoy your day off! I am trying to negotiate the same.Like I said, I'm trying to stay out of the office today. I'm burnt out - it's been a very long 10 weeks without my assistant and next week promises to be very busy as well, despite her return on Monday. I've started the laundry and I'm going to make a chocolate pear tart this afternoon. Tomorrow we're going apple picking (my nieces are all coming too! yeah!) and then we have some things to do around the yard. I would REALLY like to get the pool covered!Enjoy the day everyone~it's going to be a nice one!

TerryJ2

Have a great day at the beach, Sharon.Rabbit, sorry for the scare. Glad it's okay now.Andy, you're certainly full of energy today!Jo, I'm so glad your assistant comes back next week! A chocolate pear tart? Yum. Unique and sweet.Today if difficult child's last day of school at his private school. He has no idea. I feel like cr*p and dread telling him tonight.

TerryJ2

What the heck is wrong with-my computer? I dlb spaced everything and then went back and edited. Sorry!I can't do formatting, like italics, etc. either.

Marguerite

G'day, folks. It's almost Saturday here already.

It was a full day today. difficult child 3 & I left late morning, met up with easy child 2/difficult child 2 at the mall and difficult child 3 drove in to the city (with us two women drivers supervising) for the two therapist appointments. easy child 2/difficult child 2 was first, then difficult child 3. After that it was a dash back to the cancer centre for my appointment. I'm back on my anti-hormone pills for the next month. Then back to the town near home to do some shopping. We met up with SIL2, I gave him a driving lesson then difficult child 3 took over the wheel again and drove his sister and her husband home. We then headed back home to the village, collecting difficult child 3's medications. I had just enough time to change clothes and head to mother in law's to help with dinner. And now we're watching the midnight horror movie, "Phantom Planet". It is really bad!

Got a big day tomorrow and a lot to do.

Enjoy your Friday.

Marg

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning everyone.
LDM, what a fun mother/daughter thing. I love the beach in the off season. I'm hoping to head to Galveston in Feb. if mom's health holds up. The pups and I are looking forward to an empty beach and less heat. Good news about difficult child.
Rabbitt, yikes about the er for dehydration. Our lives are so fast paced that drinking enough has to be a priority. I keep a bottle of water in the car because I am forced to drink it.
H&R, hope things aren't as bad as you expect next week.
Terry, sorry about difficult child. I remember those days well. It's always with a heavy heart that we left even if it was in difficult child's best interest. It always felt like a rejection. Like difficult child wasn't good enough. It's crappy.
Marge, good news about difficult child 3 driving so well. Hope you are feeling well and on the road to health.

difficult child seems to be settling in. He goes to computer lab every day. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
husband starts a new job on Monday and it happens that he will be in Texas Wed. so he will visit and stay with difficult child overnight. Works out well.
In the meantime, my sister is enjoying having a family member around. difficult child is her date to a group birthday dinner. His chance to use all those
social skills he has been schooled in.

It's hot and sunny and I'm ready for real autumn. I'm trying to get into a routine but it may take a few days. Life has been exceedingly hectic these past 4 months.
difficult child's room has been stripped, aired out and cleaned. Yay! Looks more like our house than a dorm room. Keeping fingers crossed.

Have a beautiful Friday.