It's happening....perimenopausal question for those in the know~

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I've been in this [or what I thought was] hideous vortex of perimenopausal hell...and then, it went away.

Yes!! I was sooooo psyched!! It went away!! Yay!!

But, then, after a couple of months, it came back and then it came back again, and now it's coming back AGAIN. WTH is going on?

I have had it every other week for the past 4 weeks and NOW, it's coming back again. It's barely there, really, but it's there and it's a nuisance.

So for those with experience in this department, is this something I need to bother my DR with or do I just let nature take her hellish course?

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Are you talking about your period? Sorry am so dense - I even had to go look up perimenopausal. From what I remember, mine went away for months, came back as usual just for one month, then months of nothing, one month hit again and then went away for good. But that often doesn't seem quite right - maybe a visit to the doctor would be in order - my BFF had the same sort of symptoms and had to go in for a D&C.

If you wern't talking about that, then I have no clue - LOL -never kept track of things after I had my tubes tied :) and other than tearing up once in a while - even a sad commercial would set me off - sorta just breezed thru the whole process.

Aren't you kind of young for being perimenopausal? :)

Marcie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Any abnormal / unusual discharge should be checked by your doctor. Especially this much, this often.

Odds are? It's probably just part of the menopause bit. But it is always better to be safe than sorry later. Once I stopped, I stopped. That was 3 yrs ago. Each person is different.

You need to be checked to make sure that nothing else is going on. Soon as he can get you in.

Hugs

Andy

Mine went away for about 3 months then I got almost 2 weeks of full blast 2 months in a row so I decided to go into the doctor just to see what my options were. While the doctor was doing tests to see if I was a candidate for an ablation, I have had nothing but one day of two wipes. doctor is surprised, she would have bet that the full blasts would have continued. We went ahead with the testing anyway just to see what my options are.

I had a pelvic ultrasound and an edimetrial biopsy. Results are that I have two fibroids with one being of moderate size of 4 cm. doctor says she would recommend a hysteroctomy if the heavy blasts returns or she would refer it if I choose to. The fibroids greatly decrease the chances of the ablation working so we won't even try it. I need to contact her soon (I just got her letter yesterday) to let her know if I want the referral for the hysterctomy or if I want to wait and see.

I need to talk to husband about the financial side of it. I am thinking that if I do go with the hystercotomy I should do it before he retires and we know our insurance will pay for it. He qualifies for early retirement right now but will most likely work a few more years.

I am shooting for the wait and see path but I need to ask the doctor about the fibroid. I would not be doing it now for the periods but I should consider doing it for the fibroid. Being it is already of moderate size, how fast do they grow? My nurse friend said hers took care of themselves. How would we monitor it so that if it does get to the upper part of the moderate size that I will want to deal with it. (my research shows that when they get too big it is difficult and risky to deal with).

I have learned that fibroids interfere with your periods. Mine are benign (non-cancerous). I think if I were you I would do what I did - Doctor's visit to discuss options. I took my symptoms in and pretty much said, "I am not too concerned now but would like to plan for the future. What does this mean to me right now and what would my options be if the problems continued or increased?" That way your doctor can help you form a plan giving you time to decide what to do. I was not concerned about cancer so was impressed when my doctor took it upon herself to set up the biopsy as part of her procedures in such cases. It may just be standard procedure to do before hysterectomies?

I am putting off the hysterectomy because it could mean up to 6 weeks off of work. I can afford it and have the sick leave, however, I have a job that if I am not there it does not get done. I cannot face returning to work with 6 weeks of work built up. If I decide to have the hysterectomy, I need time to talk with my supervisor and ask for a competent person that I can spend 2 - 4 weeks training so most of the work can be done while I am gone.

Maybe this is your normal course but it wouldn't hurt to ask a doctor, especially if tests are ordered to determine if something abnormal is going on.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Thanks ladies, I did have an ablation in May of 2009, so my periods have been lighter. I also just saw my gyno two weeks ago and she did say it may be the beginning of the end. The reason I asked others about their experience is because I had always heard it gets super heavy and off schedule, but more like farther apart not closer together. Oh well, just another phase of life to go through I guess.

Marcie, you are funny! Thanks again ladies for sharing your experience with me.

Jena

hey

i began mine some 4 years ago. super early. i went to my dr and he ran a test on my hormone levels to confirm what we kinda already knew. it does come in waves till it's all done with, which can takea long time.

i take some supplements and vitamins that i find really help alot. vitamin code is huge and i love it, it's a vegan vitamin and i'm soo not vegan yet it works great.yet takes a mos to feel the hit. than i swear by my omega 3 purified fish oil.

good luck being a woman is fun right? NOT LOL

muttmeister

been there done that but I don't think you can judge what is happening to you by what happened to anybody else. I know people my age who have been through menopause and their symptoms vary from almost none to absolute he!!. If it seems unusual and it is bothersome, have it checked if you can afford to go to a doctor. If not there are some great women's clinics out there that will look at you anyway. I only go to the doctor if a limb is only hanging by a thread but I'm great at giving other the advice that they should get things checked out.:winks:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
All my sisters (older) were done with their periods by the time they were 50, so genetically, I'm not early. I just can't believe that I'm getting it every other week, what a pita! Lol.

My mom had me at 40 and by the time she was 47 or so, she was done. And I hear tell she was a nightmare! I have been feeling a bit weepy and sensitive but my trademark PMS symptoms are anger and resentment, especially towards my kids and H, poor SOB's, lolololol! Ooooooh, I don't envy them if I'm anything like my mom. That said, everyone says I'm mostly like my dad and he was pretty mellow.