It's hit the fan.....

witzend

KT doesn't have keys to the door, does she? Do you have an alarm system? I wouldn't put it past the two of them to decide they know a way to get into the house.

I'm anxious to hear how the Mental Health meeting went today. Was it at your house? Did biomom show? I know that would be horrific, but the proof is in the pudding as far as her behavior goes. I doubt that the two of them could snow the Mental Health worker, but then again, someone was stupid enough to give out the information, too. Unbelievable!

Do take care of yourself. I know that you must be beside yourself with worry an anxiety, but as DDD says, you can only handle so much stress. What a terrible example that our kids become adults and can make their own decisions when they turn 18. :(

DazedandConfused

Following you and the Tweedles for all these years, I'm in awe with your commitment and all of the services you were able to secure for them. Seems like a blink of an eye (though, I know living it was quite the opposite) and now they're 18!

KT...*sigh* Bio-mom...OMG.

Gentle positive vibes sent your way. Please update and let us know how everything went. You have indeed moved mountains for those children.

buddy

Wondering how the meeting went...did she show up? Did bio mom show up? and most importantly.... How are you???

witzend

This is the first thing I checked this morning when I got a chance. I'm concerned for you and want to know that you are going to be ok. I know things must feel a wreck at this point and want you to not give up hope that things will be better.

JJJ

I spoke with Linda. She is doing as well as can be expected which, of course, is not good at all. This is a nightmare. The incubator is taking advantage of kt's delusional state and grrrrr!!!! Thankfully, wm is safe as neither kt nor bmom know where he is.

Please keep praying for her, she needs our strength to help her through this.

DDD

I am so glad that she has you, JJJ, and I assume her family members supporting her. on the other hand (sigh and sorry) I truly believe that she will only save her own life by accepting the things she can not change (and goodness gracious she has TRIED and Tried) and moving forward in her own life. I truly believe that she has to accept that even Mother Theresa had to accept that she could only do so much. I'm sure Linda is shaking her head from side to side when she reads this but I 100% believe that now is the time for her to save herself and hope that a higher power can help the now adult children. Hugs to Linda. DDD

DammitJanet

How on earth did biomom find KT and Linda? After all that happened with those kids I would have thought that there would have been strong conditions on the bio family never having contact with the adoptive family. I would have thought biomom could have thought kt was in FL for all she knew.

I tend to agree with the others though, I dont know how to save a kid who doesnt want to be saved. You have tried so hard Linda and put so much of yourself and your health into these kids and I am so afraid that if you continue they will just kill you. It may be time to just say enough is enough.

witzend

Thank you JJJ, and ditto what DDD said. Linda, please know that we are with you, and that you have joined the ranks of those who get to make their own choices now, just as KT has. Please make good choices for you. (FWIW, my heart is breaking for you.)

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thank you ladies, I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to update you.

kt did attend her mtg. The mtg went well. During the mtg I informed ktbug she was no longer welcome in my home. That she had a month to clear her mess out or I would be donating it. Miss ktbug thinks the computer I purchased for her for school use is hers; not so much. She feels I should furnish her apartment - adult mental health SW told her that kt would get help in furnishing any living situation they find for her.

Bio-monster dropped her off & picked her up after the mtg. When bio-monster picked kt up she came to the door & informed me "We need to talk". Not bloody likely. I promptly told her I have nothing to discuss with you & you need to leave my property. I was once again gobsmacked at the audacity of this person. I spent a good time after that in tears & was struggling earlier today.

I had 3 good friends call today, had a Mike's hard lemonade & a pizza is on the way.

DDD, just so you know, I am moving forward. I'm attending school for medical transcription & doing well, thank you very much. I've had a few real estate agents walk through the home & all 3 of them agree I should wait to put my home on the market. Right now I will not get near what it's worth, worse yet, I'd have to pay to get out of here. In the meantime, I can travel to my heart's content. I've had a security system installed & feel better about being away for any extended periods of time.

The tweedles will do what they will do...their choices are theirs. I have done my job as a parent.

buddy

You have done your job and then some....Good for you Linda! If you dont need it, sell your computer for some new vacation clothes or a ticket to travel!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
The tweedles will do what they will do...their choices are theirs. I have done my job as a parent.

Linda, I had to come to the same conclusion with Rob. I was mentally, emotionally and physically exhausted. I could do no more. There was more drama for him to face but it was drama because of his decisions and nothing I could do anything about anyway. He was an "adult" in the eyes of the law, even if he was far from that realistically. It broke my heart and ultimately broke my marriage.

My heart aches for you. I remember how horrendous it was to get to the point I had to come to in order to save my own sanity and health. The social worker who opened the file should be hung by whatever body part would produce the most pain. Very gentle hugs to you.

Suz

busywend

TL, i get the waiting on selling the house and am glad you are doing for you. Travel sounds lovely for you.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Oh Linda....my stomach just dropped. I'm so sorry. Not only can I not believe that (stealing JJJ's term because it is fitting) incubator showed her face at your door and especially that she wanted to "talk". Too bad Lenny isn't a lot bigger.

Thinking of you and sending hugs and calming....whatever it takes.

witzend

Big hugs, Linda. It's such a very difficult thing to go through, and everyone will come out the other side for the better if they will try for the better.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Oh, Linda, my heart is just aching for all that you've endured. Bio monster-what is there to say?

Big hugs, do what you have to do. It sounds as if you're on top of things and headed in the right direction for you, that awesome and inspiring. Good for you.

xo