It's No Meltdown Monday and the Week of Thanksgiving!

LittleDudesMom

Good No Meltdown Monday Morning!!

:thanksgiving2: It's a short work/school week and the holiday season is almost upon us! Can't help but waking with a smile this morning!

I took the time to do all my "house" stuff yesterday so I could spend the time difficult child was in school recanning Christmas gifts! When I went down to that big community sale a couple weeks ago, I took 24 jars of canning "just to see what would happen" I came back with 2! I did only take things I could make again where the fruit or such was still in season. So today I will make two batches of jalapeno jelly (sold them all!), one batch of ginger pear preserves, and two batches of orange, carrot, pineapple marmalade.

It's going to be like spring for the first few days of the week - 70's! Definitely not traditional Thanksgiving weather around here!

Wishing you all a great Monday - don't forget to make sure the difficult children in your lives get that No Meltdown memo :holymoly:!!

Sharon

Rabbit

Good Morning Friends ! Happy No Meltdown Monday! Hope u have a happy Thanksgiving! :thanksgiving11:

I am cleaning the apartment today.

Sharon- Enjoy your short work week and canning!

Sending Hugs To All- Rabbit

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/LDM, congrats on the preserves doing so well! I've got to get baking when I get the chance. Lots of biscuits... I have a cookie press and I intend to use it!

Rabbit, why are you cleaning? It's not spring for you! Enjoy your Thanksgiving, everyone.

I had a rotten night's sleep last night - despite sleeping with ear plugs, the koels were making a lot of noise and kept me awake. They are a native cuckoo the size of a magpie with a loud, whiny kind of call that starts low in pitch and rises, piping, to a shrill scream. It's mating season and we hear the koels all night, all round the streets here. I don't know when they sleep - we hear them all day, too. They were quiet for about an hour before sunrise, then they started up again... and tonight the white cockatoos were feeding in the flowering gums that are all round the house, their screeches were just making my day...

Tomorrow we are having lunch with mother in law and her friends in the heart of the city. Before that, I have to go with daughter in law to the welfare offices to help her apply for disability. She's really not well and needs someone to hep her, her own mother is not any help and now lives too far away anyway. difficult child 1 told me last night, he has thrown in his apprenticeship, so tat is another problem I have to sort out... but I've got to have SLEEP!

Enjoy your Monday. Mine wasn't too bad (despite the lack of sleep) and Tuesday is beginning to look attractive. A luxurious lunch at a top Sydney hotel will be very pleasant. Then I may have to drop in on a client, or the printer, to finalise a book publication. We're at final proof stage and the sooner it gets signed off on, the better.

Marg

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning no meltdown Monday - these days I am the one who might be having the meltdown! Lol~

Back in the office today - with another ding dang cold! Our assistant is out for the week - I'm hoping it's quiet. It is gray and drizzly out, kind of dismal.

Sharon, your canned goods sound wonderful!
Rabbit, enjoy your day - I hope it's an easy-breezy one for you.
Marg, I had to laugh at your description of the birs mating calls. That would just drive me nuts. I hope you're able to sleep better tonight.

Enjoy the day everyone~