It's No Meltdown Monday - Good Morning!!

LittleDudesMom

;) Good Morning Fellow Warrior Parents!!

Mondays certainly do come around quickly don't they?

Hope everyone is recovered from the Super Bowl yesterday. Great game!!!!!

I've had a very eventful weekend - suffice to say that Saturday was extraordinary......in a one problem after another kind of way (nothing difficult child related)! To top of that hectic day, my fridge and freezer died! I have four coolers lined up in the kitchen trying my best to salvage what I can. Of course, the fridge is only 18 months old but, out of warranty! Hopefully I will hear back from the service company today!

difficult child is off school today - end of grading period holiday. I'm heading to the gym shortly and will get some laundry and cleaning done early. difficult child will probably sleep till 10! I'll have all that done by then 'cause it's a movie day for difficult child and me!

Hope your Monday is a good one :peaceful:

Sharon

Janna

Good morning, Sharon!

So sorry to hear about your fridge! Yikes. It seems like things last fewer and fewer years anymore, doesn't it? I hope the repairman comes quickly. Have fun watching movies with difficult child!

The weekend didn't go quick enough here. D has been in high strung mode for weeks. I'm thankful it's Monday and he goes back to school!

More errands to run today with B. Trying to find job placement, get him his permit, and get him on his own. Too bad the economy is so bad he can't find work :( But, we will continue to pound the pavement.

I'll get my 3 mile in, and hopefully another 2 with D after school. Now, with B here when he gets home, he doesn't want to do the workout. Gotta force him LOL!

Have a good day everyone.

K

Kjs

Morning to all.

sharon, enjoy your day with difficult child. If you were in this area you could just put all your food outside, but then it would all freeze. Sure hope it is an easy fix.

Janna - Tell me your secret on how you get difficult child to work out at all.

Tried to get in some sleep yesterday afternoon, but that didn't happen. Boys were too into the game, especially difficult child. Geez, he was reallly worked up about it. Glad his team won or he would of never settled down! husband is pretty happy too.

I counted yesterday, including all the 1/2 school days, and the school days that are 2 hours long, difficult child has about 75 days of school left. counting down.

Hope everyone enjoys their Monday.

Janna

LOL!

I don't have a secret. That's one good thing about developmentally delayed kiddos - he's 12 physically, but emotionally, he's 5. So, he's still a mommy's baby, he wants to do whatever I do...*sigh* sometimes it's a good thing, other's not LOL!

He likes using weights, too. So, that's a motivator. He HAS to work out. He's 12 and 155.

Marguerite

G'day, all.

Sharon/LDM, sorry to hear about your fridge & freezer going. Do you have any alternatives? Any snow outside maybe?

Janna, I hope B can find a job. It is such a difficult time.

Kjs, sorry you didn't get any sleep due to the game. Do you have any plans for the long break?

We had a busy day today. I made some phone calls to begin with, sorting out easy child 2/difficult child 2's wedding dress. Thankfully, it seems sorted although she still has to actually place the order, fast. I also got the appointments settled for difficult child 3's in-school lessons next week, as discussed last year. My diary is beginning to really fill up! Then I headed out to drop in at the mocal school on the way to collect easy child 2/difficult child 2, then had to turn back because I forgot some papers. While collecting the papers, I rang the local school instead (to save time) then the phone rang. daughter in law at a loose end, also wanting some papers from me. SO while arranging to quickly meet her to hand over the papers, she decided to come with us today (and was very welcome). So three of us went driving to the western suburbs (where the heatwave is at its worst) to look for the best wedding fabrics in Sydney, at the best prices. I posted on Watercooler about it already. We found the fabric and bought it, after doing a fair bit of comparison shopping as well as sampling some Asian delights, buying some groceries unobtainable in our usual neck of the woods as well as a few other specialties.

But it was so hot! And no beach within range.

Then back to the medical centre for my doctor's appointment. I was so tired by the time I got home, but we got a lot done. easy child 2/difficult child 2 has her fabric for her bridesmaids and flowergirl, she has swatches so she can go looking for matching shoes, I delivered some other stuff for her (and emptied out our place a bit more) and feel like we accomplished something.

husband is off tomorrow and again we have a lot to do. Hopefully I will be in the cool for most of it and maybe even fit in a swim. Here's hoping!

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Sharon-Sorry about the refrigerator! After only 18 months it shouldn't be anywhere near dying-hope they are able to fix it at minimal cost to you! Enjoy the movie with difficult child.

Janna-Sorry the weekend was so rough! It sounds like a busy day for you. I hope B is able to find something soon.

Kjs-What a bummer about so little sleep! Seventy-five days doesn't sound like a lot.

Marg-What an incredibly busy day for you! I hope you make it to the beach tomorrow!

Another work week is beginning, would have loved an extra day this weekend. After work today I'm taking difficult child to an ENT appointment. The sleep study place wants to know if anything can be done to enlarge difficult child's breathing passage way.

I truly hope to also make it to the club but our niece is coming over to color husband's hair and staying for dinner so I don't know if we'll make it or not.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful: Hi if you snuck in.

Andy

Good Morning all!

Little Dude's Mom - What a weekend for you! Wow - I hope your fridge/freezer gets fixed today. What movie is on tap for you and difficult child today?

Janna - I hope the structure of school helps calm D and that you can find something for B today.

Kjs - You are sure detailed in your count down! I hope you can get some quiet rest time today.

Marg - Wedding mode gearing up again! "a lot done" is an understatement. I will try to send some cool temperatures again.

Wipe Out - Good luck with the ENT appointment. Have fun with niece tonight.

This weekend did zip on past. On Saturday difficult child and I went to the movie Valykrie (? spelling). It is based on a true story and was very interesting. difficult child states it is a sad movie because of the ending. We both enjoyed it.

Yesterday was my busy day, Sunday School, helping with sub-sandwich fundraiser, attending another school's fundraiser, and 5 hours of work. difficult child won a Nintendo DS and one other item he had his heart set on. He also won cupcakes at the cakewalk (he always has to win atleast one cake walk before leaving).

I have some things to wrap up this morning including faxes and a phone call to try to get a patient's MA reactivated. Her MA terminated Saturday and she will be induced this week - need funding to pay for the delivery and new baby! I don't think MA is suppose to terminate when someone is pregnant so hopefully it will not take much to reopen. This is more frustrating as we are moving patients to our new facility so if I need her signature on anything it may be interesting tracking her down. I think her unit will be moved later in the day so she should still be at the old facility while I work on this.

Once I wrap things up, I then finish packing the office and move. I haven't been given a timeline so hopefully the movers and Iwill be ready at the same time.

difficult child has bowling after school. We are in need of groceries so I will probably do that while he bowls. I believe he makes cookies tonight at a kids club at church. I will review next Sunday's Sunday school lesson and make sure things are lined up for Friday's day school workshops.

This promises to be a very busy week!

I hope you all have a great day! Send cool weather to Marg and I am sure she will send some warm weather back. Find a way to make your kids laugh.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Sharon, if you were here you could set your coolers on my porch & your food would freeze. Crazy just crazy that your fridge & freezer would die so soon.

Janna, good luck in all you endeavors today ~ sounds like you've quite a handful today.

kjs, you reminded me that I'm to be looking into camps for kt. Thanks for the countdown information.

Marg, your days are always so filled ~ when is your next vacation? Is it just you & hubby?

Sharon (with-o), hope you can get difficult child into ENT soon. AND a nap!

Andy, sounds like a busy work day.

kt is up & moving albeit very slowly. It's a frigid morning this morning & I'm struggling not to climb under my comforter for the day.

husband's cousin is stopping in today ~ she is just going to sit here & have coffee while I finish thank you notes. 'A' has been the biggest support system here in town as my family is too far away. However husband's sisters - haven't heard from them since the funeral. Excuse my bitterness. "A" delivered kt & I dinner last week, is taking me out for groceries & then just going to sit here & sip coffee while I do thank you notes. She promised to step in or put a stop to things if it got to be too much.

"hi" if you snuck in ~ I'm a bit slow this morning.

Have a good day.

artana

Good Morning!

LDM - Have a fun movie night!

Janna - I hope difficult child finds something. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Kjs - 75 more days. Wow. I can't imagine what that must be like.

Marg - Sounds busy, but exciting.:)

WO - I hope they do find some way to expand his airways. SO has sleep apnea and the equipment has definitely helped.

Andy - You sound like a super parent. Wow. I can't imagine being in the medical field and still taking time for fundraisers.

I have a CT scan today. My doctor's appointment on Friday made it clear that something is going on, but the problem is diffuse. So, I have CT scans and all kinds of oscopies on Wednesday (endoscopy, colonoscopy, lower endoscopy). I am not looking forward to it.

The children had 2 hour delay today because of the "holiday". We are in Steelers country, so yeah, biiiig holiday.

Andy

Artana - no super parent here! I am very low on the totem pole at work and only work 4 hr days so have a little more time then many people. I have a behind the scenes job - no knowledge of direct care.

There is that thumbs down symbol again! Why does that one always show up on mine? And I can't change it!