It's Official - difficult child Has Moved Out!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
And I can finally exhale....

In short - difficult child posted some really nasty things on FB about her Dad...and then she and her Dad had an all-out war via FB, text, and PM. Basically, husband played the "my house - my rules" card and difficult child played the "I'm 18 so you're not the boss of me" card. husband told her if she didn't comply with his rules he was throwing her out - difficult child told him he can't throw her out because she is leaving.

difficult child packed a few things and moved into her friend L's house. L lives with her Dad, her Aunt, Uncle, three small cousins and a step-sister in a small trailer. So difficult child is now sharing a bedroom with two other girls - and sharing a bathroom with thw whole family. Due to varying work schedules...no one is available to drive difficult child around...so she has to walk several miles to get where she is going.

And the best part? L's Dad is charging difficult child $50 per week.

difficult child, of course, feels this is far superior to having a room to herself, sharing a bathroom with her brother, and getting rides wherever she wants.

Oh well. Works for me!

:wine:

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
When difficult child 2 ran away from our comfy home and family, he moved into a flophouse full of teens. He slept in the kitchen, in a chair. He still says he doesn't regret any of it. I'll never understand his reasoning. Enjoy the quiet times!

Bunny

I'm glad that you can exhale. I, too, will never understand the difficult child line of thinking.

Enjoy your peace and quiet.

Kathy813

Staff member
I love it. Maybe, just maybe, your difficult child will realize how good she had it. Then again . . . she is a difficult child.

:hammer:

~Kathy

Tiredof33

My life turn a much needed turn for the better when my difficult child moved out!!! The stress-o-meter goes way down lol!!! Enjoy the peace!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I have a feeling this is very temporary....so enjoy the peace while you can!

Oh yes - I can't see her getting along with L's family for any length of time...

BUT, difficult child took her bed with her...ALL of her clothing...and everything else is packed into boxes. She said she will be back for the rest of her stuff before the end of the summer.

So I guess we will see.

pasajes4

In difficult child speak.... leaving the boxes to pick up later....... is the same as saying "Gee mom, you are going to realize how much you miss me. Don't worry. I will be moving back in. That is why I left my stuff."