It's over.....a new life is to begin

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Linda, I know it is difficult not to dwell on "I should haves", but please try to get past anything you can't change....... Also take care of yourself....... it is a very difficult time right now, but I'm thinking you definitely need someone to chat with, not necessarily a counselor or therapist but just someone to bounce ideas off of or just listen to you and give you another perspective on life...... just my two cents...... I also think it's okay to be mad at husband and don't feel guilt about your anger........
thinking of you and your family as you move forward.......

ctmom05

Linda,

Your post brought me to tears, and your strength amazes me.

Raw is exactly the word for what you are going thru. I will be praying for your strength as you begin this new journey.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Linda, I imagine that your head and heart will be spinning for quite some time. What a devastating whirlwind you've been on. Gentle hugs to you and the tweedles.

Suz

crazymama30

Rest. We are all with you in spirit. I too think moving closer to your support system would be best, but all in due time. Don't rush, and allow yourself to feel however you need to feel.

Jena

Your an amazing person, truly you are. Your going to love the kids through this and you thru this. I didn't read the rest of the responses but moving closer to support and home to me sounds like a good idea.

Your right your journey is different. I"m glad to see you on again.

You and kids are in my thoughts, sending all of you hugs.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I can't begin to imagine the things you've been through in the past few weeks. The heroic inner strength it must have demanded of you.

I hope you are able to rest now for a while and take the time you need to get ready for the new path you must take.

I hope the tweedles are able to process all of this safely.

Moving closer to family is probably a good idea for all of you.

Sending prayers for peace and healing for you, kt and wm.

Nancy

Linda,

I'm sending good thoughts your way. You are a very strong and smart lady and I know you will take the time needed to make the best plans for you and the tweedles. Moving closer to your support system sounds like a great idea. You must miss your Mom terribly right now.

Hugs,
Nancy

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Linda, you and the Tweedles are always in my prayers. It sounds like a lovely service for husband, and I agree the Priest offered you wise words. Life does go on, but it's not a race. Take your time. No rush on many of the decisions ahead of you. We're always right here whenever you need us.

(((hugs)))

lovemysons

Dear Linda,
I had no idea you were going through such a thing as this...I am so sorry for your loss. Many hugs and a prayer going out to you and your family.

With love and care,
Tammy

Estherfromjerusalem

Dear Linda,

I am thinking of you, and sending you a hug.

Regarding wm and kt being inconsolable and sad -- grieving is the most natural thing under these circumstances, and there are several stages to it, and it is healthy to go through all the grieving stages, and not to deny them. Try and encourage them to talk about their feelings, and "go with the flow" and let them express it all and get it out. I once, many years ago, read a book called "On Death and Dying" by Elizabeth Kubler Ross, which was very informative about coping with the death of a loved one.

I hope you don't mind my saying these things to you.

You are an amazingly strong person -- I know you will be OK.

Love, Esther

TerryJ2

Oh, Linda. Sigh.
I'm sending extra hugs for your kids. And for you.

Yes, this is a new life. Not one you necessarily wanted, but here it is. Sigh. Just take it one day at a time.

We have our living will, trust, directive, etc. all squared away. We change it every few yrs, depending upon who we spend too much time with. IOW, once you get to know someone, friend or family, you think, ew, I'm not so sure I'd want my kid growing up in that house.
But you know what? No one, absolutely no one, will ever be the perfect person to raise our kids. We just had to bite the bullet and choose the best long-term solution. The one who would put our wishes into action in spirit and deed. The one who would actually love our kids. It's got to be a Big Picture thing.

My husband believes in keeping people alive past the point of logic. I believe in letting go. Still, we have put the same thing in our directive, DNR if there is nothing else to be done, and quality of life is an obvious losing proposition.

It's one thing to know it in the abstract, to believe it philosophically. It's another to have to do it for real.

You are strong and wise. You will get through this.

I hope you are able to get some sleep tonight and in the next few days. I'm sending gentle and supportive thoughts.

F

flutterbee

Linda, my thoughts are with you and the kids on the new journey life has thrown at you.

(((hugs)))

mstang67chic

Going Green
Rest. We are all with you in spirit. I too think moving closer to your support system would be best, but all in due time. Don't rush, and allow yourself to feel however you need to feel.

Ditto.

I too like what your priest said. That's a way of putting it that I don't believe I have heard before and I like it.

I still wish there was something I could do. I pm'd you my numbers a while back. Use them if you need to. If you want them again, let me know and I'll resend them.

Hugs for you and yours.

N

Nomad

I agree with Fran.. so much has happend and so quickly. It truly is mind blowing.
And I too have been thinking of you.
Much rest will surely be needed. Do you have access to someone with grief experience? Give yourself a little time before making any major changes.
Whatever you decide to do, I'm sure it will be done with wisdom and care.
Extra support from loving family members might very well be a good thing.
And of course, nothing is cast in stone.
Please take good care of yourself.
Prayers and hugs for you and the children.

Steely

Linda, I continue to pray for you and the tweedles.

It was almost a year ago I lost H., and it has still not fully manifested or been worked through in my soul. This years anniversary is intense.

Death is the most elusive of all forms of emotions..........as you know. It will take awhile to work through.

Please know you are in our thoughts and we will continue to lift you up.

Dear Linda,
My deepest sympathys! You've been through so much in the recent past. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the Tweedles. -Alyssa