It's over.....a new life is to begin

B

bran155

I am so sorry for your loss.

You and the Tweedles now have a very special angel watching over you.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers. God bless.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thank you everyone. I, while not going to church regularly since the Tweedles arrived, simply love this priest. He's the most respectful, common sense man I've ever met. He took his vows after 40 years of marriage & his wife had died.

Saying that I knew we'd have the perfect service for husband.

I spent the entire day yesterday sleeping. I felt like my body just collapsed once I feel asleep. kt amused herself & checked in with me several times during the day.

Today I have many many "administrative" details to attend to.....it must be done sooner rather than later. All this stuff needs to be attended to during the day so I need to learn to sleep at night again.

I've spent the past few hours working out details & decided that the only major decision I'm making is trading out our old bed. Right away ASAP. I'm purchasing the same futon my dad has at his house - it's a "bed" I can sleep in - while I have the cash on hand I may invest in a bedroom set. I expect common sense will kick in before I go wild. And if I'm going to survive this I'll need to sleep at night.

The list got overwhelmingly long so I began painting & listening to a book I had started listening to before husband went into the hospital.

The thought of starting a new life is terrifying. While husband & I had good bad & ugly (mostly ugly the past couple of years) we celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary this past September. And we celebrated it with pride. husband ordered me a real rose dipped in platinum (the gift for 20 years). It's a gorgeous piece of artwork.

I expect you'll hear a bit of anger, a bit of hindsight thinking, a lot of sadness & maybe for my own sanity glorification of a man who's selfish illness took his life. I love my husband - through all the good, bad & indifferent. I may have looked the fool for putting up with so much, but on my wedding day I made a promise. That's all I know to say right now. He's really gone ~ it's hitting me that he's really gone & this isn't a bizarre dream.

Thanks for listening.

Marguerite

Linda, I can't step into your shoes and I won't swamp you with sympathy. You know you are loved and supported here. But I do have a practical suggestion for you, something I only recently was told.

Our local librarian asked people to please spread the word that the local library, which not only lends hard-copy books, and which we have known also lends DVDs, audio tapes and videoa, now increasingly has audio books available ONLINE. These can be accessed via internet. husband & I are still digging, but we'd previously been borrowing audio books and then loading them via the computer (and mp3 files) onto te iPod. Once on the iPod, we can listen to them any time and any where, including in the car which we've now got set up with the iPod playing through the car radio. Very handy for long car trips. Ages ago, husband ordered a disk of mp3 files which included all the old Stan Freberg shows as well as every episode of "The Shadow" that were made. He's since got the Orson Welles "War of the Worlds" original broadcast (which in itself is a piece of history).

So just a thought for you on your audio books - check out online, not only your own library but other libraries around the world. A lot of these files are either public domain or out of copyright, and therefore free to obtain. Also, if you can get kt to listen to them with you, perhaps while you both do some sort of craft. It's like recreating the old days of listening around the radio of an evening. There are all sorts of hobbies she could be doing while you listen together - jigsaw puzzles, for example. Or some of te things easy child 2/difficult child 2 has done, craft-wise, in recent years. Knitting chain mail, for example. We're thinking of buying a lace-making kit for her, she's into anything unusual, fiddly, painstaking.

So a couple of thoughts for you, really. Good luck with the bed hunt.

Marg

K

Kjs

I am so sorry for your loss. Your family has gone through so much in such a short period of time. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Penta

My heart goes out to you! Taking the time just to be for awhile is a good thing. And being closer to family and supports is another good thing as time moves on. Right now, be gentle with yourself. Give yourself time to process everything and take good care.

jbrain

Linda,
just sending good thoughts and lots of hugs. I am so sorry for all you have been through. I hope you can get some rest and build up your strength. Time helps a lot but why does time take so long?
Thinking of you,
Jane

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Your last post really sounds healthy. It sounds you are handling this better than a lot of people, considering what have gone through and what you face.

It is a new beginning and you will handle it like have everything else, with warrior strength. You are entitled to all of your feelings.
Those kids are damn lucky to have you, as is this board.

Take care of yourself.
Many, many hugs and gentle thoughts to you, KT and WM.

OpenWindow

Linda,

I'm so sorry for your loss. You continue to amaze me with your strength and wisdom. I get your feelings about the up and down relationship with your husband but there's no doubt your love and devotion are admirable.

I think of you often and continue to send prayers for you and your family.

Linda

susiestar

Roll With It
Linda,

You and kt and wm have been in my thoughts so much the last few days.

I do not think you could EVER look the fool. Certainly not for doing everything you could to honor the promises you made on your wedding day. Kt and wm will remember that you did all you could. And that will end up meaning the world to them, I think.

No matter what happens, just remember we are here for you. Any time, sweet lady, any time.

I think I would cherish that rose SO MUCH.

Gentle hugs for you and the tweedles.

Penta

Yes, you will have waves of feelings...anger, loss, resentment, sorrow, relief wash over you from now on in. The waves will dissipate in time, but never completely disappear. Your strength will return, your life will resume.....a different life to be sure. I felt much the same way when my daughter died...no matter what, I loved that young woman and mourned her passing.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thank you all once again. I'm going to save this thread - so many comforting & encouraging words.

For everything there is a season........ this is my season of healing & change.