It's over

skeeter

I don't know about your area, but here, the police need to have either a capias or a bench warrent to arrest you in these types of circumstances. Either of these should be on file, and your attorney should be able to check and see if they are.
But I agree, your best bet is to go to the police station with your attorney. And let your attorney do ALL the talking.
Something smells really fishy to me here............

busywend

I am so sorry it has come to this.

If I were you, I would be starting the emancipation process immediately since she is only 17.

HUGS!

trinityroyal

Carolanne, I'm so sorry that your difficult child and Toadboy are putting you through more grief.

The others have given you excellent advice. Don't say a word to the police. Let your lawyer do ALL the talking.

Sending hugs and saying prayers.
Trinity

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
Sending you hugs and prayers to help you get through this. I am truly sorry that your daughter is doing this to you after all you have done to try and help her.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Carolanne, am just so sorry this all went down the way it did. I don't think at this point there is anything you can do except give her a lot of time and a lot of space until she matures ( hopefully growing out of the need for Toad Boy and his controling ways) and seeks help for herself because her life is just so out of control.

Sometimes we are just blessed with kids who, for whatever reason, its best we love them from a distance.

Sending you a soft cyber hug.

Marcie

witzend

Yes, when it became clear that M found life more easy if people believed I had abused him and tried to control every aspect of his life, the only option left was to cut myself off from him. At some point you have to decide that this is a basic part of their psychological makeup that you can't change, and you have to protect yourself. It's a really hard thing to do, but if you and your husband stand together on this, you can do it.