It's raining, but I think I've got Spring fever...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I am just NOT motivated to much of anything lately. It's gotta be sheer burnout from all the drama the past 12 months with difficult child 2's mood disorder and Sydenham's onset and behaviors that led to his IEP recently, difficult child 1's IBS onset and struggles with middle school, and husband's brain surgery, etc.

I look around me and see tons of things I should be doing --filing, bills, sorting, bagging stuff for Goodwill, ironing, washing, cleaning, grocery shopping, etc., but I prefer to wander outside and pull weeds, of all things! Or check on the wren box and their babies twice a day. Or stand on the edge of my hill and watch the valley below and just vegetate.

Vacation starts in three weeks... Hawaii.... 18 days... even with the in-laws joining us for the last 7, it's all I can think about :D

Somebody slap me -- I feel like such a SLUG!

Okay, I'm gonna go look for some cheese to go with my whine...

Andy

It is healthy to enjoy the change in seasons. It is bringing some kind of peace to your overwhelming life. We all need to take breaks once in awhile to slow down, relax, and enjoy.

Slowdown, relax, and enjoy was a theme of mine for a state position in an organization I belonged to years and years ago. The slowdown did not mean to not do chores/duties, but to spend your time wisely (time management), if you manage your time wisely (getting things done long before the deadline is less stressfull because when an unexpected event occurs, you can handle it), you can relax knowing that you have a plan and things will get done. If you can slowdown and relax, you will be able to start enjoying life more.

So, take your break - if you are too concerned about it, give yourself a time line - I will relax and enjoy one more day then I will prepare for my upcoming trip - if I get ready a day or two before the trip, I am going to give myself another break.

Schedule "do nothing" days. They are so important to reenergize and get back on track. Remember, you are just as important as any task on today's list.