It's. Snowing. Here. In. SC.

Star*

call 911........call 911
It really is beautiful - and they said we wouldn't get any snow - HA haha......I went outside after DF told me and STOOD in it for 10 minutes - it's just beautiful - and I missed it very much.

Kathy813

Staff member
We have an inch here in Atlanta. I'll meet you halfway for a snowball fight.

:blizzard:

~Kathy

trinityroyal

I love a gentle snowfall at night time. Watching the big fluffy flakes drift around, and feeling the crisp cold on my cheeks.

I used to dread the cold weather, and grumble through every snowfall. Until one winter, years and years ago when I lived abroad. It was January, it rained all the time, and I was pining for home. Then one morning I got up to go to work, and there were big fat snowflakes falling from the sky.

All of a sudden my bout of home-sickness was over. I got dressed as quickly as I could, went outside, and danced around like an idiot, trying to catch snowflakes on my tongue.

Locals were grumbling and huddling under umbrellas, and I was practically floating down the street with delight.

I always figured that God sent that snowfall just for me, to cheer me up.

Enjoy your snow, Star.
Trinity

Steely

I want snow..........whine, whine!!! :blizzard:

I want to unabashedly play, run, and romp in the snow!!! :sled:

I have to move! Or go on vacation.

everywoman

Here on the coast of SC we have had some sleet ----now its only cold yucky (but much needed) rain. I WANT some SNOW!!!!!

Kathy813

Staff member
I just took Fuzzbutt out to potty. :cool-dog: Let's just say that she is not a fan of snow like the rest of us.

She squatted down and then jumped straight up into the air.

:rofl:

~Kathy

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
C'mere. We have plenty of snow. It's very heavy and perfect for building igloos and snow women, and having snowball fights.

I have about 7" on my front lawn. My dogs tunnel through it with their snouts and come indoors with snowballs stuck to their wooly legs and paws.

We can do a home trade. You come here, I will go there. Winter is gettin' old!

Kathy813

Staff member
No thanks, Jo. It's only fun when it's rare. It will melt tomorrow -- just here long enough to ooh and aah over.

~Kathy

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
You guys remember the kids xmas special "The Year Without a Santa Claus"?

Well, here you all are talking about snow in the south.....

And in my head the miser brothers.... Snow Miser and Heat Miser...are singing their songs.....

Ok. Yep. Done too much homework tonight. :rofl:

trinityroyal

:singer:

I'm Mister Snow Miser /I'm Mister Snow
I'm Mister Icicle / I'm Mister 10 below
They call me Snow Miser / Whatever I touch
Turns to snow in my clutch / I'm too much

:singer:

I'm Mister Heat Miser / I'm Mister Sun
I'm Mister Heat Blister / I'm Mister Hundred-and-One
They call me Heat Miser / Whatever I touch
Starts to melt in my clutch / I'm too much

:rofl: :rofl:

Daisy, I LOVED that Christmas special.

Star*

call 911........call 911
That cartoon is my favorite - beCAUSE -

DF is Mr. Snow Miser - and for years due to arthritis, Carpal tunnel and Raynauds - I have been
Star - Ms. Heat mister -

Well bless me with peri-menopause and I like it cold now and DF is thinks I'm keeping the heat off because I'm trying to save money. LOL

I used to have a ton of sweaters - and now i have 2.

The snow stopped - but it was so peaceful - and the smell - OMG the smell of snow never changes. It was awesome. Now - rain. That's okay too - if we don't get some soon the grass is going to be brown for Easter - again. Some guy drove around last year offering to spray paint lawns green. WHAT a riot. (what a genius)

Hugs

tinamarie1

We had about 5 minutes worth of snow this week. I got so excited, ran outside and took some pictures. Then it stopped immediately and the sun came out and the birds were singing just like it was a beautiful spring day......bleh pooo!

Kathy813

Staff member
This is unbelievable! We are expecting more snow here in Georgia tomorrow.

The last time that it snowed twice in one week was the infamous SnowJam of 1982. Atlanta shut down for a week that time.

I can't believe we did this but husband and I actually went to the grocery store to stock up before the snow starts.:bag:

In our defense, our cupboards were bare.

Luckily, no ice is expected ~ but the temps are dropping to the teens tomorrow night after the snow so it's not going to melt immediately like usual.

They are predicting that we could end up with 2-4 inches. I just wish it was a school day. :rofl:

~Kathy

donna723

Around here, at the very first snowflake, everybody runs to the store and buys up all the milk and bread! When I lived out in the country, we could be stuck for days before we could get out if the roads were iced up, but now I'm only a half-block from the grocery store - if worse came to worse, I could walk!

The only thing I like about snow is that I can call in to work guilt-free and say I'm not coming in - I DO NOT drive on slick roads. I figure I have only one car and only one rear end and I'm not willing to risk either one to drive 35 miles to work on iced up roads! I learned to drive in Florida ... they taught us stuff like how to park on the beach so your car won't get stuck when the tide comes in, not how to drive in ice and snow!

Fran

Former desparate mom
We are getting weather alerts all night about how it is not supposed to be over until early morning Monday. :smile: The alert says traveling dangerous if not impossible. husband and easy child are heading home from Orlando tomorrow AM.
I'm relieved it wasn't me that decided to join easy child. The car doesn't have 4 wheel Drive.
I'm going to be a nervous wreck until they get home. I suspect if it gets bad, husband will pull over and stay put.

:cold:
I thought it didn't snow in NC?!?

Kathy813

Staff member
Fran,

Winter weather isn't fun if you have loved ones traveling in it. I'll keep a good thought for your husband and easy child.

~Kathy