It's SNOWING!!! It REALLY IS!!!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
We have a very cold (for us), very windy system blowing through Southern California today. It's 41 degrees on my patio thermometer and with the wind chill, it's about 32 degrees. I heard the snow level will drop to the 1,000 foot level, and I live at about 800 feet. The hills in the back canyon are a couple hundred feet higher, and I can see the snow swirling a their peaks. It's not cold enough for it to stick, but you can definitely tell by the way it's falling that it's NOT rain!

Considering I can see the Pacific ocean just 25 miles away from my backyard, this is pretty amazing to me :D

Andy

That is cool. It is like watching a snow globe and the best part is no accumulation - though it would be fun for you to have about 4 inches to experience snow angels, sledding, and snowmen.

Pretend that it is super cold (we are below zero here) and dig out a cup of hot chocolate. Don't forge the marshmallows and maybe a little flavoring of a candy cane or hazelnut.

Turn on the Christmas music - you are having a White Christmas! Well, atleast for today!

Enjoy!

:snowangel::snowing::sled::forchristmas::elf:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Cool!
We are freezing here as well, in the 60's, LOL! We can see snow up in the mountains as well. Which is neat, makes it feel Christmasy.

Star*

call 911........call 911
AND NOW ? We have to worry about starving AND freezing coyotes.

and freezing GCV moms.....lol

:tongue:

you know that Christmas song - Oh the weather outside is frightful?

YEah I think that guy must have been in California for about 3 weeks.