It's Sunday and she hasn't heard anything! ~ Updated

Kathy813

Staff member
The salon owner told her that he would get back to her one way or the other by Sunday. She has not heard anything from him. I hope this is not another one that won't have the decency to tell her no if they decided to go with the other candidate.

Dang it.

~Kathy

Nancy

Ugh I just came on here to see if there was an update from you. I don't blame you or difficult child from being disocuraged if he doesn't have the decency to tell her one way or the other. What is wrong with people?

Nancy

DDD

I'm hoping for the best, my friend. As I have mentioned before it is difficult for small business owners to follow thru even if they are nice people..been there done that as an employer. Don't "lose the faith" but if it doesn't pan out stress the fact that she was second runner up. I know that sounds weird but coming in second show the potential for coming in first. Do not let it be the ultimate downer...put a positive spin on it because we are living in a very competitive business world. Hugs. DDD

exhausted

The day is not done and maybe the other person won't take the job. Lets keep hoping! If all else fails she is getting closer!

Kathy813

Staff member
Sorry, DDD, but I won't give them a pass on this one. There are two partners and only two phone calls to make. Also, they have difficult child's email address so it would be very easy to send an email.

InsaneCdn

in real life?
HR stuff ALWAYS goes to the bottom of the priority pile.
ANYTHING else that comes up, trumps HR.
So... whatever else came up (partner's wife's birthday?)...

It's tough being on the receiving end. But even search firms get left in limbo... quick, client needs three canditates "today", gotta hire this week... push, panic, and deliver, and... hear nothing for three weeks.

Shouldn't be that way. But... it's not unusual.

Nancy

There's no excuse for that. It doesn't take long to be decent to difficult child who did everything right and deserves the respect that the employer expects. This type of business is not overwhelming busy that they can't do the right thing. I have a friend who owns a salon and she has a lot of down time. I'm not saying she doesn't have a lot of paperwork or after hours things to do but there are plenty of times that she just sits around chatting.

Nancy

Kathy813

Staff member
This is a small salon and there is no HR department. The owner contacted her directly in response to her email and again in response to her thank you email. Both times he responded within 15 minutes that the email was sent.

There is simply no excuse.

Last edited:
A

AmericanGirl

Agreed, Kathy.

Let's hope that something prevented him from contacting her and that will happen in the morning.

Fingers crossed...

Kathy813

Staff member
Well, he called her this morning and told her that they were interviewing one last person that had just sent in a resume and then they would make a decision. I don't think that is good news since if they wanted to hire her they would have no reason to keep interviewing but at least he called her back.

InsaneCdn

Not necessarily the end of the story, though.
Sometimes, they can't find their "wish list" person... this "new" one may not be "it" either... and they can't put a decision off forever.

A

AmericanGirl

Kathy, maybe it is a relative of a good client whom they "have" to interview to placate that person. At least, I am holding onto that thought.

Nancy

Kathy I know it's discouraging. I don't want to be negative nellie but I agree it doesn't look good. What the heck can he be looking for? I'm crossing my fingers anyway. At least he called.

Nancy

T

toughlovin

He called and she is still in the running.... its clear they are not head over heels sure she is the right person but who knows exactly what they are looking for. I am here sending strong vibes that things work out and she gets the job.

TL

Kathy813

Staff member
In the meantime, I sent another resume to a salon that is looking for a full-time receptionist. The job even has benefits. I sent the email last night and received a response today and they want to set up an interview for this weekend.

Ironically, the salon is approximately two miles from my house which is far from the halfway house. With my luck, she will get this one and want to move home since it is so close.

~Kathy