It's time for Taz

mstang67chic

Going Green
We got him the cortisone shot last Wednesday. If it helped at all it was for a very short time. This weekend has been a quick downhill slide. Since yesterday, he's needed help to even stand and at times support while walking. He's been refusing food although he did eat a couple of bites of cooked hamburger that husband gave him last night. It's time and husband sees it.

We will go to the vet's tomorrow. They have already told us that they will come to the car so we don't have to make Taz go inside. It would be too difficult for him physically and he was never much of a fan of the place anyway. (I think he only went for the biscuts)

So tomorrow, we will load him in the car and take him for a nice long r-i-d-e (we've had to spell that word for yeeeeears!) and then to the vet's. After that, it's on to my mom's house. They live in the country and I have a hole dug in a nice spot next to where their dog Bo is buried. When I was digging the hole, I had to pry up a large flat rock that I think I will use as a headstone. I'll bring it home with me and have difficult child help me paint it up. difficult child doesn't want to go with us which is fine. I wouldn't make him do it plus I'm going to have my hands full with husband and my own emotions. I think I'll have to wait to have my own meltdown though because husband is going to be a train wreck. He's already lost it while sitting next to Taz and thinking about it so tomorrow will be h377 for him. (The big guys are always the marshallows).

Suz...I've already told him to look for Molly. I'm sure they will have a ball together. (or a rope or a squeaky)

This just blows.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh, gosh!! You guys are hitting my soft spot!!! Poor Taz, but I bet he had an incredible life. Thinking of you all during this tough time.

Abbey

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Aw geeeeeeeeeeze.......................

:9-07tears: :9-07tears: :9-07tears: :9-07tears: :9-07tears:

I'm so sorry. Molly will be waiting for Taz with a big squeaky toy for them to play tug-tug.

:9-07tears: It's been a terrible week. :9-07tears:

Big hugs.

Suz

mstang67chic

Going Green
Thanks everyone. It's nice to have someplace to go to talk. I tried a couple of times today to tell "remember when" stories but husband couldn't do it. I just got a look, a curt "I remember" and then he walked off. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Mustang,

Please know that you, your family and your furkid will be in my thoughts tomorrow and always in my heart.

Angels like Taz on earth only get to be their Mommies guardians from heaven.

You have my deepest sympathies for the hard road tomorrow. Don't forget his blanket - cut it in half- so that you can always know what it's like to have your bed hog around and he can remember what it's like for momma to be a cover hog.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Sorry for your pain and Taz's.....at least you have many memories to fall back on......Thinking of you tomorrow and knowing Taz will be painfree......

nvts

Molly and Taz will be in great company with Coco the mostly golden retriever. She passed earlier this year and knows the ropes!

It is a very hard thing for husband's to go through this. My husband was a basket case for a few days after.

Keeping you in my prayers!

Beth

KTMom91

So, so sorry...my Fred (Lhasa Apso) passed years ago, and I still miss him. I'm sure he'll be right there to introduce himself to Taz. Sending many hugs.

klmno

Sorry I'm late jumping in here- still sending many HUGS and thoughts your way...

Taz will be in good company and will make many friends.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Thank you all again so much. Everything went as smoothly as these things can and when we got to my mom's she had a glass jar full of wildflowers beside the grave.

I wish I could say the rest of the day was spent remembering but it got worse. I'm heading to post on that now.

TerryJ2

Oh, I'm so sorry you had to let Taz go.
I wish we humans could be that kind to one another. It's so hard.
I like the wildflowers and the painted headstone idea.

I'm so sorry you got that ph call about your step mom on top of it all. When it rains, it pours.
Have yourself a good cry.
And try, try, try to get some sleep. You will need it.