its time

dreamer

easy child is beyond exhausted...........beat up bad................that baby was too big for her..but.she is ok and will be ok.and she is so......................happy, content, peaceful?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I am soooooooooooooooo HAPPY for you both!!! :D :D :D

Huge congrats Grandma!! Give Mommy a Big hug from me!! I was afraid they were letting her labor too long. Glad it's over and they're both ok. :D

Sooooo, we really need to know......... Boy or Girl?? ;)

dreamer

OMG! Im sooo sorry.................a boy. the shower was ALL boy, the doctor was absolutetly certtain (and I was absolutely scared mindless) yes.a beautiful wonderful boy. who adores his daddy already. Grr to the doctor from last nite, yay to the doctor who did that thurs and came in today and said wth........and got things on the ball..scary to think baby getting any bigger. easy child is so tiny. oh boy I am SOOOO tired and I am barely anywhere near as beat as poor easy child must be............my poor baby. BUT.........OMG she is incredible and I could hear the nurses and docs all talking re my easy child and her poise etc. and they had more than double the usual babies in my tiny tiny hospital every day this week. the darned waiting room only has 4 chairs in it and no room for more and nothing else in it...........3 birthing rooms but 8 babies today alone. Becuz PCs labor was so extremely long........they held and gave her the ONLY private room there. I am in awe of the stregnth of my easy child. I hurt so bad for how incredibly difficult these moronic docs and lack of communication made everything. aw well.Im exhausted and on a cloud.......euphoric. and the new little family hopefully is resting now. FINALLY. poor kids.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
A boy!! Woooo Hooooo!!! :D

I'm calling easy child right away. She'll be so tickled. She's been holding vigil with me all day. :D

Sounds like easy child did an amazing job!! Tell her this board auntie is mighty mighty proud!!

And give that wittle man some sugar from his auntie Daisy once you're good and rested.

Have fun grandma!!

donna723

Congratulations grandma! How exciting! I'm so glad that it's finally over and that mom and baby are doing fine. It sounds like your easy child is a real little trooper!

dreamer

Oh may goodness. easy child just texted me and said they might send them home TODAY!

thank you for all the good wishes etc. I am walking in the clouds.

susiestar

Roll With It
Oh WOW!! Congratulations Dreamer, to you and to the new little family!!!! The baby will live with you, won't he?

What a wonderful present for Valentine's Day!

Give the baby a gentle hug from Auntie Susie and give easy child one too! Sounds like easy child was a real trooper. Esp for her first labor and not knowing what to expect.

Make sure YOU take some time to rest too. It is hard on the Grandmas, this birthing process, because you watch YOUR baby being in pain during it. So pamper yourself a bit!

dreamer

hospital was gonna let easy child & baby come home 2day.....shes feeling great...but easy child was a lil scared so she decided to stay

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Good for easy child. :D Smart girl.

I'll never forget. I was soooooooo excited to bring my first baby home I went home the next morning. Soon as I had easy child in the apartment I was scared to DEATH! :rofl:

She could probably use the rest anyway, and you too I bet. :)

Hugs

dreamer

OK I confess, my head is STILL in the clouds.....LOL.altho I did finally grab 4 hours sleep last nite......finally (it had been since wed) and then today I baked cookies for the nurses -rolled and cut...3 diff kinds. Trying to give my easy child the daddy and baby time to get to know each other without me, husband, difficult child and son in their face. I so wanted to go, but.....they need to get to know each other on their own, in my opinion? so, I baked. LOL.
But then we DID go after all when easy child said they were not coming home today becuz....husband demanded it, and THAT blew me away. husband has NOT seemed to even notice life around him in 2 decades! and suddenly he is who wanted to do something go somewhere and see someone? and more shock...baby sammy LOVES his grampa! (husband has a very long very full white beard, maybe thats why? LOL)

so, anyway.....I have not read other posts, sorry....my attention span is so short.
and sorry I forgot to say his name.....Samuel William.....they picked sammy just becuz and they picked William cuz my sons middle name is william and my brothers name, PCs fav uncle, is named Bill....and bless the labor delivery nurses, even they asked and used sammys name dureing labor and delivery.
I am fairly sure he is post term no matter what the docs say....he lifts and holds his head up from laying and when you hold him, and he looks right at you when he does lift his head. He was hollering even before he was born, we could hear him, wild. little things, I vaguely remember from my nurseing school days.
LOL today he christened my son.....LOL. cracked us all up. soaked my sons shirt.
and yes, baby sammy and his mommy live here, and his daddy is moving in as far as I know. his daddy was just waiting till after sammy was born to do so? altho daddy lives with his mom right this minute like 3 blocks away. (but sammys other gramma has not been involved or interested at all thus far)

It is beyond amazing watching parenthood take over these kids. all the things the new daddy laughed at before his son was born......(he had never been around babies)

hey happy valentines day everyone!

everywoman

How sweet. difficult child's name is William Samuel---the same as his dad and grandad---we call him Tripp, I'm glad easy child made it through okay and daddy is holding up his end. It's a hard road ahead, but these kids seem to have it altogether. Happy thoughts to you grandma.

dreamer

oh yeah, difficult child decorated the yard to welcome them home.....we got an inflatable yard stork? (much cheaper than renting storks for the yard would have cost and we had the stork at the shower, too, and have announced to family it is here if they ever wish to borrow it) and difficult child decorated the new daddys car at hospital in parking lot, they do not yet know, they will find out when they come home, LOL.....
I rewashed PCs and babys bedding even tho it had just been washed earlier this week, so it would all be fresh and nice. difficult child bought easy child flowers for her welcome home, lavender bloomed tulips.
Even the new young uncle, my son, is so entranced with the baby and with watching the new parents. Alas, our pets are mopeing cuz our family is all always home, and they cannot figure out where easy child is or why.....or why the rest of us have been in & out. dog today sat on PCs bed and whined. yeesh. The 3 kitties keep walking around looking. and when we got home, they were all over our clothes and giving us weird looks after smelling them. LOL. The new daddys father has been texting me......telling me thank you for my easy child for the beautiful baby and for being there for the kids.....I thought that was so nice. The neighbor who I just after 21 years kinda began to befriend came over today and she is SO excited......& she brought us cookies, LOL.....(she musta gone to the same school as me, her ideas match up with mine so much, LOL) and she also brought difficult child Valentines gifts cuz her dauther told her difficult child broke up with her boyfriend this week......so she wanted to make sure my difficult child got a Valentine. OMG how wild!

so, yes, even tho I did not have a baby myself, I must still be on a new mother high for my daughter? And my daughter? OMG! She is walking with no discomfort, moving as if she never had labor at all......alert awake vibrant and more like she was before preg. (thats how I was.I left hospital mere 2 hours after haveing each child, and did not go straight home. went out to lunch with difficult child, stopped at grocery store on way home with easy child and took son first to take a final exam at college with me the day he was born and then in to nurseing home where I worked to show him off) Incredible.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
dreamer

You all have been more than overdue for happiness and joy. Last year was a rough year. Sounds like lil Sammy has brought that joy and then some!! :D :D

by the way I LOVE his name!!!! Samuel is one of my all time fav names. :D If I'd have had another child and it was male, the name would've been Samuel.

Sounds like the whole family is truely enjoying it's newest member. Had to LOL at grandpa. :rofl:

Hugs

by the way......still haven't got a snuggle, kiss, or even seen my new grandson since he's been home.........I can't kick this darn bug. I told easy child if it doesn't let up soon I'm buying gloves and a mask and coming over anyway. :D