I've been holding this in

klmno

Well, I just received an email from the Pres himself. LOL! I had sent an email thru a W. H. link when I had the issue trying to get a security clearance. This link wasn't for general comments or complaints and was listed like a legitimate way to submit questions and requests for help in getting re-employed and so forth. So finally, after about 3 mos, I get this email today saying it's from B. O. himself, thanking me for my previous service to our country and for "sharing my story and keeping him informed" and that was about all it said. Not a word about my question or the clearance, credit, or employment. Oh- and it says "I hear stories like this all the time from all across the country. Well, HELLO!! It came from a W. H. .gov email address but it's a no reply, unfortunuately.

(I used initials instead of writing out the name because I didn't want this post popping up any time someone did a google search for the pres. )

klmno

Go figure- I read today that the law making private insurance cover care for autism in children was kicked out. And as it turned out, the care was only going to cover the child until they turned 10yo.

witzend

k~ What are you referring to with the mandated insurance coverage for autism? I've been reading about state legislation in Kansas regarding this issue, and from I am reading it is moving forward through the process. Virginia passed a law yesterday regarding this issue. There hasn't been any action on health care reform in the US Senate or Congress since before the Christmas break.

While I understand your frustration with the governmental machine, I don't believe that problem belongs with any particular administration. For myself, if I want someone in government to know what's on my mind I write a letter and put a stamp on it. In so far as e-mails go, I don't believe that ANY of them look any further than the heading and what zip code you're in. They want to know what the hot topic issues are.

I don't assume that the President of the United States is in any position to help me with a job application or a security clearance. I would and have contacted my Senator or Congressman, though. I don't know that I would assume that they would help me personally. I just know that if I send a written letter, there's a legal record of who I am and what I said and someone actually has to read it. I think that if I were a veteran, I would probably contact my local VA, as well.

I am sorry for your frustration.