I've created a monster(s)

Abbey

Spork Queen
I love birds. But, I don't love them at 4am or 2pm when I'm trying to take a nap after keeping me awake all night.

I made a bird feeder and wash a few weeks ago. Well...they've found it and WON'T GO AWAY. It's the darn cardinals. They're beautiful to watch, but noisy.

Last night was the clincher. I was SOOO tired last night that I actually fell asleep in the latest Harry Potter movie. Well, some unfortunate squirrel met his fate on my sidewalk. It's past midnight and decided to deal with it in the morning. Enter hawks and blackbirds. They were fighting over this road kill for hours, then the cardinals come in for their morning bath. In an evil sense, I wanted the hawks to take them out. They're light...just carry them to someone else's house!

The feeder/bath might have to go.

Abbey

gcvmom

Here we go again!
No good deed goes unpunished... ;)

That's kinda how I felt about our orioles this year. I love looking at them, and since they don't usually hang around our area I get excited when they show up. This year a pair of them decided our neighborhood suited them and they moved in. And wasted no time devouring my nectarines. :mad:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Well, and to add fuel to the fire, they have many nests in the bushes/trees surrounding the yard. So, I hear babies SCREECHING all the time for food.

They're fun to take photos of and watch them in flight, but my gosh...can you keep a working man's schedule?:sad-very: I can do 6am, but not 4am.

Where are the hawks when you need them?

Abbey

goldenguru

Can you run a small fan in your bedroom for white noise to drown the noise out?

I live way out in the woods and this summer I have two whippoorwills that sing all night. If I could get them in the cross hairs of a gun - I'd shoot them. Seriously annoying.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I took desperate measures last night. It's 3:30am and I swear they are sitting on my window sill just to annoy me. I had already taken the food and water away, but they were relentless. I stuck my head to the window screen and shouted, "SHUT UP!!!" They were quiet for about 30 seconds, then started again.

That it.:mad:

My friend is a referee. He has a starting gun. (insert wicked smile) I grabbed that thing, ran out the back door and gave it one shot. In a millisecond I hear his door slam open and he runs out in nearly a dead sleep. "WHAT THE HECK (insert more prolific language here) ARE YOU DOING???" Then he took my gun. Sigh. Just trying to get the birds to shut up. He just shook his head and said, "Women." Then promptly went back to bed.

I tell you one thing - I did not hear one peep the rest of the night. Mission accomplished.:D Then I spent the next hour worrying about the baby birds who couldn't fly away. I can't win.:(

Abbey

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Abbey--

We used to sleep with our window open. Our bedside table was directly beneath the open window and our alarm clock was on the bedside table. Every weekday morning, the alarm goes off around 6:30 "Beep, Beep, Beep.....Beep, Beep, Beep...."

One Sunday, probably about 5am, the alarm begins to go off "Beep, Beep, Beep...Beep, Beep, Beep...."

Trouble was, it was NOT the alarm clock. Some bird was sitting on our windowsill perfectly imitating the sound of our clock!!!

And there did not seem to be any snooze button.

--DaisyF