I've Got A Stressfree, Easy Peasy, question for you guys.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I can at least ensure they're in some sort of order rather than random.
:rofl: Order? Mine are chaos... If I leave them out they're chaotic... If I don't they sneak out... Yes, we DO have difficult child hair!

But... That said... I do like my long hair...

susiestar

Roll With It
J has the thick fine hair and it is a pita to do much with. For this growing out phase, I recommend the hairband shown n the picture of alice posted above this. You can buy all types, and they are easy to make. For keeping your hair out of your way around the house, use a bandanna or scarf. Fold in half diagonally, roll the folded edge down an inch or two, put up on your head and bring ends down to see where to tie. Mkae the first tie with it up on your head (half of a square knot) and then make the second with the bandanna around your neck. Make sure all hair is up over the bandanna, pull bandanna up over your forehead to where it is comfortable.

You can make an easy hairband at home in very few minutes. Here are super easy, clear directions (more clear than I can write, lol): http://www.ehow.com/how_7623932_create-own-headbands.html You can make them to fit any outfit, and they are often really comfortable. I don't use pins or an iron, and usually I sew them by hand because I have a hate-hate relationship with sewing machines. (Hey, I tried to like them. My mom's sewing machine when I was a kid hated me - it was possessed and hungered for my blood. It put a curse on me and now most of them hate me too!) I can sew one in well under half an hour.

Put some mousse on your hair and then put the headband on. Age doesn't matter - headbands look great on anyone! Also keep an eye out because they are selling them all over the place again. I found some on clearance at Old Navy a while ago for a buck each and they are super comfortable. I have to be careful because if they are very tight I get a headache but if they are loose they don't stay up.

DDD

Hmmm...."stressfree" "easy peasy" ???? Maybe not so easy, lol. I'll check into Alice but I do want to avoid headaches like I used to get fifty years ago. Sigh, I'd forgotten about those.

I recently picked up a pack of those old fashion pink squishy hair setting rollers (whatever they are called) and I was thinking maybe I could coat the hair with jel or mousse, let it try facing the back of my head and then perhaps it would give direction and body to the hair so it will stay in the clip. Maybe Sunday I'll try it.

I had no idea so many people had hair issues. I've always been a shampoo and take off person which is no problem when you have short hair. I "think" that pulling the hair behind my ears makes my face look leaner or longer or something or other that is an improvement. Thanks for the input. I'll report if there is ANY improvement, lol. DDD