I've lost the roasted squash soup recipe that's on the menu today..help!

DDD

I must have printed it at work and left it there. It was simple. Halve the big squash and remove seeds.
?? Fill center holes with evoo, garlic and maybe shallots? Bake til tender. And THEN??? Yikes, I can't find it doing a CD search either. Anybody?? DDD

Rabbit

Squash Soup

Split an acorn squash in half. Scoop out the seeds. Fill the hollow with olive oil, four cloves of garlic, and sliced onions. Season to taste. Bake at 350 for an hour or until the squash is fork tender. You can scoop the squash out once it has cooled and freeze it for later use, or go ahead and make the soup.

Putting the soup together: Everything goes into the saucepan ~ the garlic cloves, the onion, the squash (not the peel) and the oil. Add about one cup of chicken stock. Using an immersion blender, heat and blend til smooth. For those who can use it, a dollop of cream (or sour cream) on top of the hot soup would be delicious.

This soup is so good, and so good for us. You could use any kind of squash ~just be sure to bake it with the garlic, onion and oil before you make the soup.

Kathy813

Staff member
I'm glad Rabbit came through for you. I do have your wings recipe if you ever need it.

:thumbsup:

~Kathy

DammitJanet

Im gonna try squash soup! I do need an immersion blender though. Have needed one for a long time though so I will just order me one.

DDD

Janet I just got mine this week and will be "immersing" this evening, lol. Kathy...yum...as soon as I find organic wings I will be ready to pig out on those again. Are they good or are they good? Thanks. DDD

DDD

It is awesome! I am so thrilled about the results of the roasted squash soup and husband is too. Yikes, cheap plus easy. how can you beat that combo? I think we are going to become major soup people. husband has always loved soup and I used to make them when he had cardiac problems but I think with the immersion I am going to make sure that nothing gets tossed out.......like the limp asparagus that I forgot was in the vegetable drawer. :) DDD