"I've never met a kid I coouldn't intimidate into behaving."

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Is what the sub told the director after yesterday's incident.

The director said "Well, now you have". THey are meeting at noon today to do some "training", and they have asked another person who gets it to take a full time position so that this sub isn't in his room alone anymore.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
WOW. Just wow.

That's like Onyxx's 8th grade English teacher telling me she's never had a kid refuse to do something she instructed. Uh. Huh. Yeah.

KTMom91

Having that attitude when subbing just makes everything so much more difficult for everyone...sub included.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Director just told me, also, that the sub so far is not backing off of her stance.

I told her, if the situation arises, to not leave Wee with this sub for any reason. If all else fails, call me in advance and I'll make up some excuse to take him swimming or something.

But I'm betting this place figures it out without involving me a whole lot.

JJJ

Wow, in our district, she would no longer be subbing. Just that statement alone (without knowing what happened - I have to find your other thread) is so telling.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Its a summer camp program being held at the early intervention preschool that he attended from ages 3-5, so its not a formal "school" setting.

But the director assured me they are making amends to not place Wee with this person again, including (and this blows my mind) extending an offer to another "counselor" to work full time instead of part time so there will be less need for this other lady to fill in.

The school district, which receives thousands of dollars to have Wee as a student in their district, won't even add to staff to accommodate Wee. But this little camp program that costs me $125 a week is taking on a full time person for him.

Ironic, huh?

Wiped Out

Staff member
She should not be working with kids period! Does that mean the other kids that are behaving for her have been intimidated?

What a sad thing she still has a job.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
She's normally in the office. With this other girl on full time, this woman should stay in the office.

susiestar

Roll With It
People like this make me sad. I am torn between hoping she doesn't have kids so that they are not bullied by her and hoping she has a real difficult child or two at home. It would be hard on the difficult child(s) to have a mom or stepmom like that, but it might teach her a few lessons in compassion, understanding, and how ineffective bullying really is.

Maybe, since she apparently has it all figured out, we should send her 3-4 of our difficult children for a month or so. Either she is magic and the difficult children will totally turn around or the difficult children would have her curled up in the fetal position sucking her thumb and begging for her mommy.

So where do we send the kids? Any specific age or a mixture of little difficult children and teen difficult children?

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Either she is magic and the difficult children will totally turn around or the difficult children would have her curled up in the fetal position sucking her thumb and begging for her mommy.

I'm betting on the latter. I've been there and I don't intimidate anyone.

No one should be bullied, and honestly? An intimidated kid makes for a cornered animal. We all know what cornered animals do.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
No one should be bullied, and honestly? An intimidated kid makes for a cornered animal. We all know what cornered animals do.

That's exactly what the director told her...Wee will come out swinging. The director had a child much like Wee, so she gets it.